If you like Chicken Pot Pie, you will fall in love with this Low Carb Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup. It is so ridiculously comforting - everything I want out of a meal in the confines of one easy to make bowl. If you haven't tried this yet, you are totally missing out.
Chicken Pot Pie has always been a favorite of mine. Since I was young, it was something that my mom would make whenever the weather would start to cool.
This Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie Soup is pure comfort food! It has all the same flavors and perfect when you need to get dinner on the table fast.
Can I Make Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup?
Yes - there are instructions in the recipe card for making this in your Instant Pot.
Tips & Tricks
- Homemade broth is best in soup - it just adds so much flavor! I make mine by saving chicken bones and vegetable scraps. Rinse them well, cover them with water, add seasonings and a splash of apple cider vinegar, and then cook them in my Instant Pot for 90 minutes.
- If you don't have homemade broth, I like to add a bouillon cube. Just make sure you read the label and pick one that is gluten-free and has ingredients that fit with your preferred eating style. (Some contain soy, and I've even seen some with added sugar.)
- Looking for a way to use that leftover holiday turkey? Make Keto Turkey Pot Pie Soup!
- If you want to go a less traditional method and lower the carbs, you can omit the peas and use any vegetable you like - broccoli and cauliflower are good options.
What Do You Serve With Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup
I don't think it gets any better than this soup with my Keto Biscuits! It is pure comfort food that is my idea of perfection on a cool fall day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. This soup holds nicely in the refrigerator for about three days.
Absolutely! This recipe freezes beautifully. In fact, these photos were taken when the soup had been in my freezer for about 2 1/2 months. (Though - full disclosure - I did add some fresh veggies in styling for a visual pop.)
Absolutely! I still like to saute the vegetables first, but it isn't absolutely necessary. Add everything except the heavy cream and cook over low for 4 hours, stirring in the heavy cream in the last 30 minutes.
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie Soup
First, start by melting the butter. Add the shallots, mushrooms, celery, and garlic to the pan. Cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
Add the peas (if using; omit for strict keto) and chicken to the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add the chicken broth and cream cheese and cook until the cream cheese melts.
Turn the heat to low and add the heavy cream. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Low Carb Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen baby peas thawed (omit for strict keto)
- 16 ounces cooked chopped chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots, mushrooms, celery, and garlic to the pan. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas and chicken to the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken broth and cream cheese and cook until the cream cheese melts.
- Stir in the heavy cream and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn your Instant Pot to Medium Saute. Melt the butter and then add the shallots, mushrooms, celery, and garlic. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/2 cup of the chicken broth and scrape up any brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Stir in the remaining broth.
- Add the peas and chicken and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and set the pressure to high for 4 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute and add the cream cheese. Cook until the cream cheese melts, stirring often.
- Stir in the heavy cream until just heated.