Sugar-free peppermint bark is a fun and satisfying dessert to enjoy throughout the season. This dreamy treat conjures up memories of Christmas's gone by while allowing you to stay on your low carb or keto diet. It also makes a fabulous gift. Best of all, even those not watching their sugar intake love this one.
The first time I had Peppermint Bark is was from Williams-Sonoma, sometimes in the early 2000s.
If there is such a thing as love at first bite, that was it for me. For years I'd stock up on it as soon as it hit the shelves - it was just that good.
Luckily creating sugar-free peppermint bark is super-easy at home.
This has quickly become one of my favorite holiday traditions.
- If you want to use chocolate bars rather than chocolate chips, finely chop it into uniform pieces before melting it.
- When melting, make sure you don't let water come into contact with the chocolate, as this can cause it to seize up.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn From Qualifying Sales
- Double boiler or Glass Bowl
- Parchment paper or silicone mat
- Baking sheet
Where Do I Get Sugar Free Peppermint Candy?
Some grocery stores carry them in the candy section. I typically buy mine from Amazon.
Brach's Sugar-Free tastes very much like the "real thing" but does have some ingredients that I normally don't include in my diet. I think it is a worthy splurge for the holiday's.
Dr. John's has cleaner ingredients, but is slightly higher in carbs. Choose what works for you!
You can store this at room temperature for a week or two, but I prefer to keep it in the refrigerator. It should last for a month or so, but truthfully I've never had it stay around that long because the kids eat it first.
You can freeze this keto peppermint bark for up to three months.
How to Make Sugar-Free Peppermint Bark Recipe
This recipe is super-easy to make and a fun project to do with kids!
First, line a baking sheet or baking dish with parchment paper. If you prefer, you can use a silicone mat.
Melt your chocolate chips either in the microwave or in the top of a double boiler. When the chocolate is smooth, stir in the peppermint extract. How strong you want the peppermint flavor to be is a matter of personal choice, so feel free to adjust to your taste.
Spread the chocolate in a single layer and refrigerate until firm.
Repeat the process with the white chocolate. (You can do it in either order.)
Pour the white cholate over the dark chocolate.
Sprinkle with the crushed peppermint candies, and allow to sit at room temperature until set. (Or if you are impatient or have impatient kids, you can refrigerate until firm.)
More Keto Treats to Try
- Keto Chocolate Bark is quick to make and quick to disappear! Keep this one in the freezer for any time you need a chocolate fix.
- These Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are always a hit! Keto Buckeyes are loved by kids and adults alike.
- These Keto Peanut Butter Cups are an easy to make treat that are loved by both kids and adults.
Sugar-Free Peppermint Bark
- Glass Bowl or
- Double Boiler
- Silicone Mat
- 9 ounces Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract divided
- 9 ounces Lily’s White Chocolate Chips
- 12 sugar-free peppermint candies crushed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate chips in a glass bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. Stir and repeat until smooth. (You can also melt the chocolate on the top of a double boiler.)
- Pour ½ teaspoon of the peppermint extract into the melted chocolate chips. Pour into a single layer and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a glass bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. Stir and repeat until smooth. (You can also melt the chocolate on the top of a double boiler.)
- Pour the remaining ½ teaspoon of the peppermint extract into the melted white chocolate chips.
- Remove the dish from the refrigerator and pour the white chocolate over the dark.
- Sprinkle with the peppermint candies and allow to sit at room temperature until set, about an hour.
Hi! I would love to make this and was wondering what size baking sheet you used?
I used a quarter baking sheet. Enjoy!
Love this~ Perfect for Christmas! Surely the kids will love this!
I so love this recipe. Since I am cutting my sugar intake.
This makes such a fun gift and so tasty! I will definitely be making this a bunch through the holidays.