When you're looking for a quick and easy vegetable side that everyone will love, it doesn't get any better than Air Fryer Broccoli! This recipe turns out crisp and tender with all the depth of flavor of traditional roasted broccoli. Best of all, it can be ready in a fraction of the time.
With a touch of lemon for brightness, and then top it off with parmesan this is a delightful combination that never gets old. It's a perfect simple side that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Even the kids will be asking for seconds!
Broccoli can be a tricky vegetable. The best versions are crispy, delicious, and full of flavor! But if overcooked, underseasoned, or otherwise not prepared properly, it can become a bland pile of mush that no one wants to eat.
That's why I love making broccoli in the air fryer! It has all the depth of flavor you get from traditional oven-roasted broccoli, but it can be ready in a fraction of the time. It's perfect when you need a simple side that everyone will enjoy.
Fried broccoli florets turn out perfectly crisp and tender, while a touch of lemon brightens the flavor. Top it off with some parmesan for a quick dish that no one will be able to resist! It's a super easy recipe you'll want to make again and again.
Ingredients for Making Broccoli in the Air Fryer
- Broccoli - You'll want about 1 pound cut into bite-sized florets.
- Avocado Oil - Avocado oil is excellent for cooking at high temperatures thanks to its high smoke point.
- Garlic Powder - While I love fresh garlic, I do recommend using garlic powder for this recipe. It provides an even coating and is less likely to burn or fall through the bottom of the air fryer.
- Red Pepper Flakes - This gives the broccoli just a tiny kick of spice.
- Salt and Pepper - These enhance the natural flavors of the recipe. Adjust the amounts to your personal preference.
- Lemon - Both the juice and the zest add wonderful brightness to this dish.
- Parmesan - This ingredient is optional, but I think it takes air-fried broccoli to the next level.
Tips & Tricks
- Try to cut the florets into even-sized pieces so that everything will cook evenly.
- Toss the broccoli and seasonings in a bowl. If you try to toss them in the air fryer basket, it will turn into a mess.
- To make the broccoli more tender, you can add water to the bottom of the air fryer. This step is completely optional.
- Air fryer roasted broccoli is perfect to pair with fall-off-the-bone tender Instant Pot Beef Ribs.
- This side would be a great compliment to Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken. Double the parmesan, double the fun!
- Keto Flank Steak is a hearty, full-flavored dish that benefits from light and crispy sides with bright flavors like lemon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! In fact, air frying is one of my favorite ways to make broccoli. Just season, add the broccoli to the air fryer, cook for 9-12 minutes, add a squeeze of lemon and some parmesan, then enjoy perfectly roasted and delicious broccoli.
Yes, you can make this air fryer broccoli recipe from frozen. Just make sure you adjust the cooking time so the broccoli is cooked all the way through.
Yes it is! In fact, one cup of broccoli contains 6 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber for a total of 4 net carbs.
Broccoli is also packed with vitamins and minerals, so it's a great vegetable to incorporate into a keto way of eating. Why not start with this broccoli air fryer recipe?
Tools Needed To Make This Broccoli Air Fryer Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified sales.
- Large Bowl
- Air Fryer
My Favorite Air Fryers
Would you believe me if I told you that I have not one, not three, but SIX air fryers? So it's safe to say that I have my fair share of first-hand experience. Here are my recommendations:
- Traditional Style: Phillips XXL. This will give you crispier foods than oven style.
- Oven Style:
- First Place: Ninja Foodi Countertop Convection Oven. It has multiple features (Air Fry, Air Roast, Bake, Whole Roast, Broil, Toast, Bagel, Dehydrate, Reheat, and Pizza) and heats up in 90 seconds.
- Runner Up: Ninja Foodi XL Grill. This one has an Air Roast function as well as a grill. Everything turns out very crispy.
I recommend serving this right away, so it's hot and crispy. Crispy air-fried broccoli is just so good! But if you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
How To Make Air Fryer Broccoli
Place one tablespoon of water in the bottom of your air fryer, then preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss the broccoli florets, avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes until the broccoli is well-coated.
Arrange the broccoli in a single layer in the air fryer. Cook, working in batches if necessary, for 9 to 12 minutes, until the broccoli is lightly charred.
Transfer the broccoli to a bowl. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the fresh juice over the broccoli. Toss with the lemon zest.
Sprinkle with parmesan, if desired, and serve.
You May Also Like
- When you are craving french fries, these Keto Jicama Fries are sure to get you through your cravings.
- You won't believe how much this Keto Cauliflower Casserole tastes like potatoes. So good, even those not on a low carb diet will dive in.
- Cheesy Keto Broccoli is a side that even the kids will love. It is quick to make and quick to disappear.
Air Fryer Broccoli
- 1 pound broccoli cut into bite-size florets
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- Optional: 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl toss the broccoli, avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Arrange the broccoli in a single layer. Cook, working in batches if necessary, for 9 to 12 minutes, until the broccoli is lightly charred.
- Transfer the broccoli to a bowl. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the fresh juice over the broccoli. Toss with the lemon zest and serve.
- Sprinkle with parmesan if desired.