In my book, it doesn't get any better than Avocado Toast, and this Keto Avocado Toast is every bit as enticing as the "real thing." You start with a chaffle, then add in creamy avocado, sharp cheddar cheese, a perfectly fried egg, and crispy bacon. Finish it off with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt for a delightful breakfast or snack that will keep you fueled for hours.
Breakfast Doesn't Get Much Better Than This Keto Avocado Toast!
I don't know about you, but toast has always been one of my favorite breakfasts and snacks.
I'm not talking about boring old toast with butter.
(Life is too short for that!)
What I'm talking about is fun creative toasts with toppings. There are just so many crave-worthy combinations.
Avocado toast has always been a particular favorite of mine. It works just as well for a meal as it does for a snack.
This Keto Avocado Toast is one I never get tired of! Does it get any better than creamy avocado, melty cheese, and a crispy fried egg all topped off with crumbled bacon? I think not!
It is absolutely the perfect way to start the day!
How to Make Keto Avocado Toast
1 First, make your chaffle by heating your waffle iron and mixing the egg, mozzarella, and almond flour in a small bowl.
2 Spread half of the mixture on a hot waffle iron and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until crispy. Repeat with the other half of the mix.
3 Next, preheat the broiler to high. Spread half of the avocado on each chaffle.
4 Top with cheese and broil for about 3 minutes, until the cheese melts.
5 Finally, fry the egg and place one on each chaffle. Top with bacon and Maldon sea salt and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is avocado good for ketosis?
Yes! Avocado is one of the best foods around for the keto diet. Not only is it loaded with healthy fats, but it is also a great source of fiber. Fiber can help with digestive issues that are commonly associated with the keto diet and can help you stay full longer. One study showed that eating half of an avocado for lunch helped people to fill full for up to 5 hours after the meal. (Of course, when you are in ketosis, chances are you would be full much longer!)
How many carbs are in avocado?
While 146 grams (about 1 cup sliced) of avocado has 12 grams of carbohydrates, it also has 10 grams of fiber. This gives it just two net carbs.
Is avocado toast keto?
As long as you use keto-friendly bread (or in this case a chaffle), avocado toast is great for a keto diet.
How many calories are in avocado toast?
The calories in avocado toast will vary according to the recipe, and what type of bread is used. This avocado toast is intended as a meal and has 600 calories and four net carbs.
Can you make this recipe ahead of time?
You can make the chaffle ahead of time, but I do not recommend making the full recipe.
Tips & Tricks
- Break the egg into a small cup and transfer to a fine-mesh strainer. Place it over bowl and swirl until the thin part of the egg white passes through. Return to the cup.
- For crispy egg whites, when you tilt the skillet to the side while cooking the egg, carefully spoon the oil over the whites .
Don't Miss These Posts:
- Looking for a deliciously sweet way to start the day? It doesn't get much better than these Keto Blueberry Chaffles.
- Looking for a complete guide on chaffles? Here is How to Make Keto Chaffles, with my best tips, tricks, and variations.
Keto Avocado Toast Variations
- Strawberry, Basil, & Goat Cheese - Spread mashed avocado on the chaffle. Top with one sliced strawberry and sprinkle with goat cheese crumbles and fresh chopped basil.
- Tomato, Basil, & Burrata - Mash the avocado and spread on bread or a chaffle. Top with tomato and torn burrata. Sprinkle with basil and finish with crushed red pepper flakes.
- Feta, Microgreens, & Hard-Cooked Eggs - Top toast with mashed avocado and sprinkle with feta. Top with microgreens and a sliced hard-cooked egg. Finish with Maldon sea salt.
- Sauteed Spinach, Fried Egg, & Salsa - Top mashed avocado with sauteed spinach. Add fried egg and drizzle with salsa. Top with hot sauce if desired.
Keto Avocado Toast Recipe
When I need to switch up my breakfast routine, this Keto Avocado Toast is what I make! It doesn't get much better than buttery avocado topped with cheese, a runny egg, and bacon.
Keto Avocado Toast
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 egg
- 2 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon Maldon sea salt
- Heat a waffle iron.
- In a small bowl stir together beaten egg, shredded mozzarella, and almond flour.
- Add half of the mixture and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until crispy. Repeat with the remaining half of the batter.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Spread half of the mashed avocado on each chaffle.
- Top with avocado and cheddar cheese, and broil for about 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small cast-iron skillet over medium heat until it is 300 degrees F.
- Add the eggs.
- Cook for about 1 minute.
- Place the eggs on top of the chaffles, and top with bacon and Maldon sea salt