Everything about this red wine based Keto BBQ Sauce just works for me, and I think you will love it too! Red wine balances perfectly with a hint of sweetness and kick of heat. Try it once, and, like me, you’ll be addicted.
You Are Going to Want to Put Keto BBQ Sauce On Everything!
(Except for ice cream. Because that would be gross.)
Barbecue sauce is one of those things you don’t think much about until you go on a low carb, keto, or sugar-free diet.
We all know that typically has a sweet heat about it, but you’ve probably never thought much about all the hidden sugar.
Did you know that some BBQ sauces can have up to 14 grams of carbohydrates a serving? YIKES!
Of course, you need sweetness for flavor, and that is where keto-friendly sweeteners come in. I promise – you won’t miss the sugar in this Keto BBQ Sauce Recipe.
It is a little thicker than most BBQ sauce recipes, but I don’t mind that. If you prefer a thinner sauce feel free to blend in a bit of water or broth.
It is the perfect dipping sauce for the table, and fabulous with BBQ Chicken, ribs, and wings.
- This Low Carb BBQ Sauce recipe will store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to two weeks.
- If you don’t have a food processor or high speed blender, you can skip the last step. In this case, I recommend finely dicing that onion.
- If you prefer a thinner sauce, add broth or water until you reach the desired consistency.
- You can increase the liquid smoke or add a teaspoon of smoked paprika for a more intense smokey flavor.
- If you’d like more heat, use another chipotle chili pepper.
How to Make Low Carb BBQ Sauce
- Heat oil in a saucepan and cook the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook for about another minute, until fragrant.
- Add ketchup, wine, brown sugar substitute, chopped chipotle chili, liquid smoke, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes, until the sauce starts to get thick.
- Cool slightly, and then process in a blender for 2 minutes, until smooth.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
- This Low Carb Ketchup is sure to become a kitchen staple. The flavor you love without all of the bad stuff!
- Keto Blue Cheese Dressing will become your go-to dipping sauce.
- Salads just got more exciting thanks to this Keto Ranch Dressing.
Keto BBQ Sauce Recipe
If the idea of making BBQ sauce sounds crazy, you will be happy to know that it isn’t as labor intensive as it sounds. This Keto BBQ Sauce is the kind of recipe that you can pretty much do in the background while you are working on other tasks. It is the perfect spicy-sweet blend, with just the right of punch from the chipotle chili pepper.
Keto BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Place ketchup, mustard, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar substitute in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce to low and add paprika, liquid smoke, garlic powder, and salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes longer, until thickened.