If the idea of making BBQ sauce sounds crazy, you will be happy to know that it isn't as labor intensive as it sounds. This Keto BBQ Sauce is the kind of recipe that you can pretty much do in the background while you are working on other tasks. It is the perfect smoky-sweet blend, with just the right amount of garlicky punch.
You Are Going to Want to Put Keto BBQ Sauce Recipe On Everything!
(Except for ice cream. Because that would be gross.)
Barbecue sauce is one of those things you don't think much about until you go on a low carb, keto, or sugar-free diet.
We all know that typically has a sweet heat about it, but you've probably never thought much about all the hidden sugar.
Did you know that some BBQ sauces can have up to 14 grams of carbohydrates a serving? YIKES!
Of course, you need sweetness for flavor, and that is where keto-friendly sweeteners come in. I promise - you won't miss the sugar in this Keto BBQ Sauce Recipe.
It is the perfect dipping sauce for the table, and fabulous with BBQ Chicken, meatballs, ribs, and wings.
Tips and Variations
- You can increase the liquid smoke or add more smoked paprika for a more intense smokey flavor.
- If you'd like more heat add a very finely diced chipotle chili pepper or add in ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn From Qualifying Sales
What BBQ sauce is good for keto?
This keto-friendly BBQ sauce is a great option, but if you are looking to by a ready-made sauce, this one is my pick.
Why should you consider making homemade BBQ Sauce?
Most sugar-free barbecue salad options are sweetened with sucralose and have additives that are not healthy options. Those that have clean ingredients are quite expensive. So making your own is the best healthy option.
How to Store Sugar-Free Barbecue Sauce
This Low Carb BBQ Sauce recipe will store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to two weeks. My favorite way to save it is in a mason jar.
How to Use Low Carb Barbecue Sauce
There are so many options for how to use this!
- BBQ Chicken
- Pork Chops
- BBQ Shrimp
- Shredded BBQ Beef
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Barbecue Chicken Lasagna (with Zucchini for noodles)
- BBQ Chicken Salad
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
- This Low Carb Ketchup is sure to become a kitchen staple. The flavor you love without all of the bad stuff!
- Keto Blue Cheese Dressing will become your go-to dipping sauce.
- Salads just got more exciting thanks to this Keto Ranch Dressing.
Everything about this Keto BBQ Sauce just works for me, and I think you will love it too! The flavors balance perfectly with a hint of sweetness and kick of garlic. Try it once, and, like me, you'll be addicted.
Keto BBQ Sauce Recipe
- ¾ cup sugar-free ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place ketchup, mustard, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar substitute in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce to low and add paprika, liquid smoke, garlic powder, and salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes longer, until thickened.
Other Low Carb Dips & Sauces to Try:
- Perfect Guacamole from Gimme Some Oven is one you will turn to again and again.
- Blender Hollandaise from Cook Eat Paleo proves that making hollandaise doesn't have to be intimidating.
- Low Carb Wine Sauce from Step Away From the Carbs is great to put on meat, fish, and even veggies.
This probably sounds crazy, but since my grandfather was an alcoholic, I decided years ago to never buy alcohol, even thought I know the alcohol cooks out. My way of not supporting that industry in any way - I know, rather extreme. SO, is there a good substitute for the red wine? I know you won't have tried it, but I'd like your suggestions anyway.
Do you use cooking wine? (The kind in the grocery store that you don't have to be 21 to buy.) That is actually what I used.
This Keto BBQ Sauce was great! The only thing I added was a third tablespoon of brown sugar substitute because I like my BBQ sauce a little sweeter.