The first time I tasted this Keto Brownie Recipe, I immediately had the urge to take the rest of the batch and hide them in the produce drawer under the kale. That way, I could be sure that the rest of the family wouldn't devour them immediately. These are rich, fudgy, and oh-so-chocolatey - everything a brownie should be.
Keto Brownies to the Rescue!
I don't know about how you are feeling right now, but with all that is going on in the world, I am a little stressed.
When I am stressed, a little chocolate always cheers me up. Today, I thought I'd share a recipe I've been working on for a while that is sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings while remaining completely keto-friendly.
This Keto Brownie Recipe is so good that when I served them to my kids, they didn't even suspect that they were keto. While none of my three children are on a low-carb diet, I always feel better when they enjoy treats that are refined sugar-free. (Next up on my list to make them is these Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies.)
Tips & Tricks:
- Keep a close eye on the brownies towards the end of the cooking time, and make sure that you don't let them overcook!
- If you don't have powdered sweetener, run granulated through your food processor for a few minutes.
- Make sure you are using finely ground blanched almond flour. This isn't the same thing as almond meal.
- I recommend using the best quality cocoa powder that you can. This will make a significant impact on the final product.
- Be sure not to overmix as this can make the brownies tough!
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting. (I know - it is hard to wait.)
Why do you use gelatin?
While you can skip it, I recommend using the gelatin because it results in a chewier brownie that is so much more like the real thing!
What is the best way to store these?
These low carb brownies will keep sealed at room temperature for 3 or 4 days. Freeze for up to 3 months. I recommend cutting them before you freeze them. Do not refrigerate - like all gluten-free baked goods, this will cause them to dry out.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn From Qualifying Sales
Specialty Keto Baking Ingredients:
- Finely Ground Blanched Almond Flour (not all almond flour is the same!)
- Lily's Chocolate
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Swerve Confectioners
How to Make Keto Brownies
First, preheat your oven to 350° F. Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper. Make sure you let the paper hang over the edges of the pan. In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum.
Next, in a heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate, butter, and cocoa powder. Cook until the chocolate and butter melts. Allow to cool slightly.
Beat the eggs and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and then whisk. Add in the swerve and vanilla, and then add to the slightly cooled chocolate mixture. Stir to combine.
Mix in the flour mixture and then the pecans. Transfer to the prepared pan and bake.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
- Breakfast or Dessert? You decide! Either way, you are going to love this Coffee Chia Pudding.
- Coconut Haystacks are perfect when you are craving a bite of chocolate and loads of flavor. I like to keep these in the freezer so a delicious nibble is never far away.
- These Chocolate Chaffles are sweet chaffle perfection! I like to serve them with Keto Vanilla Ice Cream for a delicious and indulgent treat.
- Looking for holiday baking inspiration? Don't miss these Keto Christmas Cookies.
Keto Brownie Recipe
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 6 ounces Lily’s Chocolate chips plus more to sprinkle on top
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 ¼ cup confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper, allowing the parchment paper to overlap the edges of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum.
- In a heavy sauce pan, combine the chocolate, butter, and cocoa powder. Cook until the chocolate and butter melts. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sprinkle with the gelatin. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and then whisk. Stir in the Swerve and vanilla. Add the chocolate mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture until combined and then fold in the pecans. Transfer to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
More Keto Chocolate Recipes to Try
- You won't believe how much this Keto Chocolate Frosty tastes like the real thing. Try it once and prepare to fall in love!
- Looking for a seriously decadent cake? You are going to love this Chocolate Cake.
Leave a Reply