I think you are going to obsess over how deliciously easy this Keto Ranch Chicken is! Though it has just 5 ingredients, this simple recipe looks and tastes like something special. Only you will know that it only takes about 20 minutes to make.
As much as I love to cook, I don't know where I'd be without easy recipes that the whole family loves.
Life gets busy, and more often than not I just don't have the time to linger over dinner preparation.
But still, there is that thing about three young humans - two of them taller than I am - who are very attached to eating.
I know most of you are the same way - either because cooking isn't your jam, you are crazy-busy, or both!
That is why I know you are going to go nuts over this easy chicken recipe.
With just five ingredients, this recipe is simple cooking at its best!
As an amazon associate I earn from qualified sales.
I've used my homemade low carb ranch dressing, which I try to make weekly when I do meal prep. If you don't have the time to make your own, keto and low-carb friendly ranch dressings are relatively easy to find at the grocery store. (Just make sure you read the label!)
FYI: I am a Yummly Publisher!
If you aren't using Yummly you need to be. It is one of the best ways out there to discover new recipes. If you like one of my recipes, click it and save it to your Yummly collection. There is a Yum button at the top of every post.
Tools Needed to Make This Recipe:
- When I have the time, I will marinate the chicken overnight in a mixture of ½ cup of ranch dressing and ¼ cup oil. Most of the time I skip this step, and the recipe is still delicious.
- To make sure the chicken gets brown, don't skip preheating your skillet.
Can you make this recipe with chicken thighs?
Yes! This recipe will work just as well with chicken thighs. You may need to adjust the cooking time depending on the size of the thighs. It should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
What if I don't have an oven safe skillet?
No worries! Just cook it in a skillet and transfer it to a sheet pan or casserole dish to finish.
Can I Make Instant Pot Keto Ranch Chicken?
Yes! This recipe is fabulous in the Instant Pot. See the recipe card below for full instructions.
- Feel free to use whatever cheese you have on hand. Swiss, mozzarella, and gouda are all great options.
- If you don't have time to make the dressing, any store-bought keto-friendly ranch dressing will do. Keep in mind that the texture could be different, so you may need to adjust accordingly.
- This chicken is excellent topped with crumbled bacon and green onions.
How to Make Low Carb Ranch Chicken
First, start by seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper and letting it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. (This step is optional - feel free to skip it if you are short on time.
Next, mix the ranch and cream cheese in a small bowl.
Spray your skillet very well with oil and pre-heat to medium-high. (Don't skip this step!)
Cook for about 6 minutes on each side.
Divide the cream cheese mixture between the chicken and heat under the broiler for 2 minutes. Add the tomato slices and cook for 1 minute longer.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
- Want all the flavor of traditional enchiladas without the carbs? These Zucchini Enchiladas are perfection.
- This simple Keto Asparagus is the perfect easy side dish.
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is one of my all-time favorite casseroles. It is pure comfort food.
Keto Ranch Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- ¼ cup keto ranch dressing
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. (You can skip allowing them to sit if you are short on time)
- Meanwhile, mix the ranch dressing and cream cheese in a small bowl.
- Spray an oven-safe skillet or grill pan with oil and preheat to medium-high.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Divide the ranch cream cheese mixture between the chicken.
- Top with cheese and heat under the broiler for 2 minutes. Add tomato and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Place 1 cup of water or broth in the bottom of your Instant Pot and add the trivet. Place the chicken on top and set the valve to pressure.
- Cook at high pressure for 8 minutes and then allow the pressure to release naturally for 7 minutes.
- Add the ranch and cheese and return the lid to the pot. Allow to sit until the cheese melts.
- Alternatively, you can transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and broil for 2 minutes. Add the tomato and cook for 1 minute longer.
More Ranch Recipes to Try
- This Keto Ranch Stuffed Burger by Stockpiling Moms is the stuff dreams are made of! This is one that will never get old.
- Bacon Ranch Cauliflower is a delicious side that your family will love.
This post was originally published March 2019. It was updated April 2020.