Keto Coffee Ice Cream is so rich and creamy! It tastes just like the "real thing." My family didn't know that it was sugar-free and keto-friendly. Make this once, and you will be hooked.
Table of contents
Ice cream is one of my favorite desserts, and luckily, it is one of the easiest that I have found to make keto-friendly.
My latest obsession is this Keto Coffee Ice Cream. It has all the flavors and coolness of my favorite iced coffee in a delicious and refreshing low-carb ice cream.
This is one I could go on and on about. Give it a try, and I think you will love it too.
Ingredients for Making Coffee Keto Ice Cream Recipe
- Heavy Cream: This gives an unbelievable richness to the ice cream. If you are dairy-free, you may full-fat canned coconut milk.
- Sweetener: I used part Swerve and part Allulose for the best texture in this sugar-free coffee ice cream. Swerve alone yields an ice cream that has to be left out for a bit before it can be scooped, whereas Allulose makes very soft ice cream. The combination of the two is perfect!
- Coffee Beans: I used decaffeinated so that I could enjoy this at night!
- Salt: Fine sea salt brings out the sweetness in the ice cream.
- Vanilla Extract: Use the best quality you can.
This keto coffee ice cream maker recipe is delicious as it is, but if you like, here are some topping ideas:
- Fresh berries
- Whipped Cream
- Keto-friendly chocolate sauce
- Chopped Pecans (or go all out and make these Keto Candied Pecans)
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use it if you want firmer ice cream, but it isn't necessary. I have made this with and without. If you're going to use it, I recommend ¼ teaspoon.
You can, but understand that the sweetener that you use is going to impact the texture. If you use all Swerve or monk fruit, your ice cream will be rock hard, and you will need to remove it from the freezer and let it temper before serving.
Alternatively, if you use too much allulose, it will never quite firm up. (Perfect if you love soft serve!)
A blend of the two types of sweeteners gives this coffee ice cream recipe the perfect texture.
I do not calculate the carbs in sugar alcohols or other low-carb keto sweeteners that do not impact blood sugar levels.
I love the richness of flavors from steeping coffee beans, but if you would like to use instant coffee, add two tablespoons to the warm cream mixture.
I haven't tried it, but I would imagine that you could. To do this, freeze the cream mixture overnight in a freezer-safe zip-top baggie. Pulse in your food processor until it is creamy.
Enlightened Keto Collection
Halo Top Keto Series
Tools Needed to Make Coffee Ice Cream Keto
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
Store this in a sealed container in the freezer for up to one month.
How to Make Keto Coffee Ice Cream
Start by heating all of the ingredients except the vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
Cook, frequently stirring, until the mixture is warm and the sweeteners have dissolved.
Remove from heat.
Cover and steep for 1 hour.
Strain the mixture, and stir in the vanilla extract.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours, preferably overnight.
Process according to the manufacturer's instructions for your ice cream maker.
At this point, it will resemble softserve.
Transfer to a freezer-safe storage container, and freeze until firm.
More Keto Recipes to Try
- When you are craving all the flavor of cheesecake without all of the effort, these Keto Cheesecake Bites are perfect!
- Need something sweet fast? You are going to love this Keto Chocolate Chip Mug Cake!
- Keto Biscotti is the perfect way to make your coffee time special.
- These Keto Peanut Butter Cookies have just a handful of ingredients and are loved by adults and kids alike.
Keto Coffee Ice Cream
- Heat the heavy cream, allulose, Swerve, coffee beans, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, until the sweetener is dissolved and the mixture is warm.
- Cover and steep for 1 hour.
- Strain the coffee beans, pressing the beans in the strainer to extract as much flavor as possible.
- Discard the beans.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Chill completely in the refrigerator and then process according to the ice cream makers manufacturers instructions.
- Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.