With just five ingredients, you won't believe how delicious this Keto Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe is! It works well on cakes and cupcakes and also goes brilliantly well with Keto Pumpkin Muffins. It is the best way I know to give desserts a boost in look, texture, and flavor.
Although my kids don't follow a keto or even low-carb diet, one of my big goals has been to get them off sugar.
Since two of the three of them have massive sweet-tooths, this has taken a bit of work.
Fortunately, recipes like these Chocolate Cheesecake Fat Bombs, Keto Panna Cotta, and Sugar-Free Peppermint Bark have gone a long way towards satisfying their cravings.
This Keto Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe proves that you don't need sugar to create a delicious frosting. It is simple to make, and in the words of my oldest son, "Good enough to eat with a spoon."
Butter: I like to use grass-fed unsalted butter here. Kerrygold is my go-to brand.
Cream Cheese: Make sure you use full fat!
Sweetener: Use your favorite keto-friendly sweetener - make sure that it is powdered, or the frosting will be gritty. If you can't find powdered sweetener, you can process a grandular sweetener in your food processor to make it finer.
Vanilla Extract: Use the best quality you can - it makes a significant impact in the final flavor.
Salt: Salt in a frosting may sound odd, but trust me here. It does boost the flavor.
Tips & Tricks
- Don't try to make this Keto Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe with butter and cream cheese that aren't at room temperature. You will be disappointed with the texture.
- If you want to make this ahead of time, I recommend letting it warm up a little and whipping again just before frosting.
- For a fluffier frosting, blend everything in your stand mixer for at least three or four minutes.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified sales.
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
Frequently Asked Questions
While cream cheese is perfectly keto-friendly, cream cheese frosting is not because it is loaded with sugar.
Luckily the solution is simple - make this cream cheese keto frosting recipe instead!
Just add in a little heavy cream, one tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
Yes. This frosting should not be left at room temperature for more than a couple of hours.
Yes, you can freeze it for up to three months. To use, thaw the frosting overnight in the refrigerator and then whip in your stand mixture until it is fluffy again.
Keep this recipe in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Allow to come to room temperature prior to use. (Unless you are just going for a spoonful. Go ahead - I won't judge.)
How to Make Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
First, start by combining the butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer. If you don’t have a stand mixer, a hand mixer works too.
Beat until smooth, about 2 or 3 minutes.
Add the sweetener, vanilla, and salt and beat for one more minute.
You May Also Like:
- Give up ice cream for a diet? No way! This Keto Chocolate Ice Cream is easy to make and always a crowd pleaser.
- Sugar Free Peppermint Bark is an easy to make treat that is loved by children and adults alike.
Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature (1 stick)
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered Swerve or Allulose
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add the sweetener, vanilla, and salt.
- Beat until fluffy, about 1 more minute.