As soon as you try creamy Keto Horseradish Sauce, you’ll want to put it on everything! This recipe is smooth yet packs in just the right amount of sharpness. It only takes minutes to make and is spicy, zesty, and oh-so-irresistible. (seriously, you might start planning your entire menu around it!)
As a teen, I loved Arby’s Horsey Sauce. It had just the right amount of pungent horseradish flavor without being too overpowering.
Since Arby’s makes their version with added sugar, I decided to try making a Keto Horseradish Sauce at home for roast beef sandwiches.
As soon as I tried it, I couldn’t believe I’d waited so long! The store-bought version pales compared to this rich and flavorful homemade dip recipe.
You can enjoy horseradish sauce drizzled over roast beef, served with steak, and even as a keto veggie dip.
Honestly, it’s so good; I’m tempted to eat it with a spoon. Give this creamy horseradish sauce recipe a try, and you’ll see what I mean!
Ingredients for Making Creamy Keto Horseradish Sauce
- Mayonnaise - Always check the label to make sure there’s no added sugar.
- Sour Cream - You want to use full-fat sour cream.
- Prepared horseradish - Choose a brand made with grated horseradish root, vinegar, and salt that doesn’t add any sugar. Different brands have different intensities, so it is good to find one you like and stick to it.
- Garlic - Freshly minced will add the most flavor, but pre-minced is okay if you’re pressed for time.
- Salt and pepper - Season to taste to enhance the flavor of the sauce.
Tips & Tricks
- For a thicker sauce, add 2 ounces of softened cream cheese and whisk well with the other ingredients.
- To give this Creamy Horseradish Recipe a touch of acid, add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Make sure the sauce has at least an hour to chill in the refrigerator before serving. This will help bring the flavors together and give it the best texture.
- Add a drizzle of Keto Horseradish Sauce over this mouth-watering Slow Roasted Beef Tenderloin.
- Serve Pan Seared Rib Eye with herb butter and a side of horseradish sauce for a perfect steak dinner.
- Thinly-sliced roast beef, melted gruyere, crunchy chaffle bread, and rich au jus make this Keto French Dip the ultimate comfort food!
- Creamy Mashed Cauliflower is a perfect complement to any beef entree. I love to stir in a spoonful of this sauce to make my favorite low-carb veggie even more flavorful.
- Prime Rib Roast is always a good match for horseradish sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
Technically, you can freeze this condiment in an airtight container for up to six months and it will still be safe to eat.
However, the horseradish will start to lose its texture, so I wouldn’t recommend it.
There are only 1.4 grams of carbohydrates in 1 tablespoon of prepared horseradish, which makes it a great condiment to enjoy in moderation.
Just make sure the brand you’re choosing doesn’t have any added sugar.
Tools Needed to Make Creamy Horseradish Recipe
- Medium bowl
- Container or jar with a lid for storage
Low-carb Horseradish Sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
The longer it has to chill, the better the flavor will become, so you may find you enjoy it even more a day or two after you make it!
How to Make Creamy Horseradish Sauce
In a medium or small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, garlic, and salt and pepper.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
More Keto Sauces and Dressings to Try
- Once you try Keto Alfredo Sauce, you’re going to want to permanently add it to your weekly rotation for meal prep.
- This Keto Bang Bang Sauce is just the right match for shrimp, chicken, and even cauliflower!
- You’ll want to eat salads all the time when you have a batch of delicious Keto Ranch Dressing waiting in your fridge.
- Sweet, tangy, delicious Keto Poppy Seed Dressing is a tasty way to shake up your salad routine!
Keto Horseradish Sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.