Prepare for mouthfuls of flavor when you make this deliciously easy casserole! This Keto Alfredo Chicken Bake is so super easy to make and delights both kids and adults. Great on its own, you can also serve it over a keto-friendly pasta alternative. It reheats well, and leftovers make a filling lunch!
It is no secret that I love a good cheesy casserole, and this Keto Chicken Alfredo Bake has become one of my favorite keto recipes.
I love recipes like this that I can serve the kids over pasta or rice, and hubby and I can enjoy by itself or over a low-carb alternative.
It makes life so easy - and I think you will agree we can all use a little easy right about now!
Ingredients for Making Keto Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- Broccoli: To blanch broccoli, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a bowl with ice water. Add the broccoli to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the broccoli with a slotted spoon and place in the ice water. Drain.
- Chicken: You may use boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken breast. A rotisserie chicken from the grocery store is also a good option. Make sure to check the label and make sure no ingredients were added that are unsuitable for a keto diet.
- Alfredo Sauce: I like to make my own, but you can buy keto-friendly alfredo sauce too. (Don't forget to check the label - some have flour in them.)
- Xanthan Gum: This thickens the sauce a bit.
- Cheese: I use a blend of mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Feel free to mix this up if you like. Swiss cheese would be nice in place of the mozzarella.
Feel free to play with the vegetables here! Cauliflower, sauteed spinach, and zucchini are all excellent options.
Want to Serve This Over Pasta? Here Are Some Low Carb and Gluten-Free Alternatives!
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualified sales.
- Vegetable Noodles are always a great alternative to pasta. Zucchini noodles, cabbage noodles, and spaghetti squash all make great options.
- Shirataki Pasta (also called miracle noodles), is a low carb option loved by many. It is made from the fiber from the konjac plant root. You can find non-GMO options. While nothing exactly mimics pasta, it is a solid alternative.
- Palmini Low Carb Pasta is another fun alternative. Made from hearts of palm, this is my go to when I need a pasta fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most often, a chicken alfredo recipe includes pasta, so it is not keto-friendly.
Even chicken alfredo without pasta can have excessive carbs in it. Both jarred and restaurant alfredo sauces can (but don't always) have additives that add additional carbohydrates.
This easy keto alfredo chicken bake is perfect for your ketogenic diet.
How Many Carbs are in Alfredo Sauce?
Most commercially available brands that I have found have between 3 and 5 grams of carbohydrates per serving versus 2 grams for my homemade recipe.
Yes, this recipe is great made ahead. You can make it up to a day ahead of time and bake it when you are ready to serve.
Make it Easier
Short on time? Use precooked chicken (like a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store), pre-chopped broccoli, and a keto-friendly jarred marinara.
Reheating Keto Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
If you are using my homemade alfredo sauce, you shouldn't have an issue with the sauce separating when you reheat because I use cream cheese in the sauce, which adds flavor and helps it stabilize.
You can simply heat it in the oven, toaster oven, or microwave.
Other sauces may break - meaning the fat separates from the rest of the liquid. To reheat, add a little heavy cream and heat gently in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
How to Make Keto Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Check out step by step instructions on my Keto Alfredo Chicken Bake Web Story.
This is a visual walk-through of the recipe. Please see the recipe carb below for measurements and cooking times.
This Low Carb Alfredo Chicken Bake couldn't be easier to make.
First, toss the broccoli and chicken together in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, stir together the Alfred sauce and xanthan gum. Don't have xanthan gum? No worries - it just makes the sauce a bit thicker, which I like, but the casserole works just fine without it.
Toss the alfredo sauce with the chicken and broccoli and transfer to a casserole dish.
Top with the cheeses and bake until heated through.
You May Also Like
- Keto Reuben Casserole has all of the flavors of a favorite sandwich in the confines of one dish. This is one the family will ask for again and again.
- When you are looking for a meal that is easy enough for a weeknight but pretty enough for company, this Keto Lemon Chicken fits the bill.
- Keto Chicken Alfredo is a simple stove-top dinner that I turn to again and again.
Keto Chicken Alfredo Bake
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets and blanched
- 2 pounds boneless chicken cooked and cubed
- 1 recipe Keto Alfredo Sauce (or keto-friendly jarred sauce)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli and cubed chicken. In a separate bowl, stir together the Alfredo sauce and xanthan gum. Toss with the broccoli and chicken.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and top with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake fro 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbly and heated through.
Love your recipes! Do t have an instapot so grateful for traditional cooking instructions!!
I am so glad you are enjoying them! I was late to get an Instant Pot myself, so I understand completely.