You will swoon over the tangy lemon sauce in this Keto Lemon Chicken. With a hefty kick of pepper, the sauce delivers just the right amount of punch. It looks a touch fancy but comes together in a flash! Great for entertaining…or Tuesday night. Serve this Keto Lemon Pepper Chicken with a simple green salad for a complete meal!
You Will Fall in Love with This Keto Lemon Chicken!
I am so excited to be back here today to share this crazy-good Keto Lemon Chicken recipe!
If your life has been as busy as mine lately, you are going to fall in love with this delicious recipe.
It is one of those that you can throw together on a weeknight, but it is tasty enough to serve for a special occasion.
You will fall in love with this creamy lemon sauce! You can adjust the amount of lemon to your personal taste, just be aware that more lemon means more carbs.
For an extra punch of lemon flavor without the extra carbs, add in a touch of lemon extract.
I like to double the sauce recipe because it is fabulous drizzled on everything from cauliflower rice to eggs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this in the Instant Pot?
Yes - you sure can. Make sure you check out the Instant Pot Instructions down below, because they are different.
Can I use chicken thighs? What about skin on chicken?
Absolutely - either white or dark meat chicken works. (Dark meat is considered more Keto-Friendly.) Skin on boneless chicken (if you can find it) will work beautifully here and render a crisp crust that can't be beat.
What sides work with Lemon Chicken?
- It doesn't get much easier (or tastier) than this Keto Asparagus.
- Keto Brussels Sprouts are a tasty side that never gets old.
- This Low Carb Green Salad is simple perfection!
What do I need to make Keto Lemon Chicken?
- Boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- Almond flour
- Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- White wine or chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Parsley oregano, or thyme
Variations for this Recipe
- For an even richer sauce, add in 2 tablespoons of grass fed butter.
- To make Keto Lemon Garlic Chicken, at 1 teaspoon of minced garlic to the pan when you deglaze it.
- Add 3 tablespoons of rinsed and drained capers after the pan is deglazed.
How to Make Keto Lemon Chicken
Note: If you want to make this in your Instant Pot, check the recipe card below for full details on how.
This section is step by step instructions for those of you who are visual. Please see below for the full recipe with measurements.
1 First, gather your ingredients. Slice each chicken breast horizontally. Place it in a plastic bag or under plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, pound to an even thickness.
2 After that, combine almond flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
Coat the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off the excess.
3 After that, heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add oil.
Add chicken to the pan, and cook about 7 minutes per side - until it is a deep golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and tent to cover.
4 Add wine or broth to the pan to deglaze, scraping up any brown bits. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and heavy cream to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 3 minutes.
Finally, return the chicken to the pan to coat with the sauce. Serve with lemon slices.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
- Think you have to sacrifice on a low carb diet? This Keto Buffalo Chicken proves otherwise. All of the flavors you love without the carbs!
- Looking for a simple chicken recipe that is great on its own and perfect for meal prep? You will fall in love with this juicy Keto Grilled Chicken!
- It really doesn't get much better than this Keto Stuffed Chicken! Cheesy goodness at its best!
Keto Lemon Chicken
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil if making on the stovetop, olive oil works
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Parsley oregano, or thyme - for garnish
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract optional
- Slice each chicken breast horizontally and pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off the excess.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and add oil.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook until a deep golden brown, about 7 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and tent to cover.
- Add wine or chicken broth to the skillet and deglaze the pan.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and heavy cream to the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add lemon extract for a more vibrant lemony flavor.
- Return the chicken to the pan to coat with the sauce.
- Serve with lemon slices.
- Set your Instant Pot to medium-saute and add the oil. (You may want to use a little extra oil - the instant pot tends to stick with almond flour.) Once the Instant Pot is preheated, add the chicken. Cook until lightly brown, about 1- 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot.
- Add the wine or broth to the pot, and scrape the bottom to make sure all of the brown bits are up. Make sure you get everything up - otherwise you may deal with the dreaded burn message.
- Hit cancel.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, and heavy cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the trivet to the pot.
- Arrange the chicken on top of the trivet. Seal the pot and set to high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, and then do an instant release.
- Serve with lemon slices.
Other Low Carb Chicken Recipes to Try:
- For an easy one pan meal, you have to check out this Keto Chicken and Mushrooms from Sugar Free Mom.
- This Keto Bacon Ranch Smothered Chicken from That Low Carb Life is one the whole family will love! Because...bacon!
- Keto Chicken Lasagna Cups from A Spicy Perspective are a recipe that you don't want to miss!
Keto Lemon Chicken sounds so easy to do! It looks very yummy too! I hope I can cook this on a weekend to my keto friends.
This looks like an awesome meal! I love that my family members who are keto-conscious can eat this and not feel guilty.
First of all, I love the look of your website. Secondly, Keto Lemon chicken photos are flamboyant and compelling me to try this recipe 🙂
Just made this for dinner! It was delicious. I upped the amount of lemon juice and added capers. Paired with green beans and chardonay- perfect! Easy to make too.
I am so glad you enjoyed it. I love the addition of capers.
This looks like a recipe my meat-eating friends might be interested in. I'll pass it along!
I've been looking for a new keto recipe so this is great! I'm so excited to add this into my meal planning rotation.
Mmm... Your photos look so delicious that I´m excited to try! Will cook the Lemon Chicken this weekend, Asparagus or Brussels Sprouts would be great sides!
I gotta remember this for later! I like lemon and this sounds extra delicious for dinner!
I am just loving it by the looks. It must taste amazing. Am going to have this dish made at our home next weekend.
Sara | mshealthesteem.com
This recipe looks awesome! Thank you so much for sharing it with us
I've never made lemon chicken before, but I've been wanting to. This looks like a delicious recipe.
This was amazing!! My husband and I loved it! Thank you!
I am so glad you both enjoyed it!
I just tried this recipe tonight for birthday dinner for my daughter in law and it was delicious! She loved it and so did my 9 year old grandson!
Marc L. Filippone
Made it tonight, it was quite a bit of prep and cleanup, but man, it was worth it!
So glad that you enjoyed it!
I made it tonight and it's very delicious, a bit lemony so next time I will cut out the zest. I added chopped mushrooms, garlic and onions and tarragon. Over cauliflower rice, it's fabulous!
This was fantastic!!! I added capers. I'm contemplating doing it for a white fish.
I am so glad you enjoyed it! The flavors would be great with fish as well.
This is amazing! If you like lemon, you'll love this. Is there such a thing as too much lemon? I don't think so. The sauce is a keeper.
I will have to check out your other recipes if this is the caliber of your content.
Happy New Year!
YAY! I am so glad you enjoyed it. Happy New Year to you too!
I can't wait to make this. I'm a new owner of an Instant Pot and having fun learning about it.
If you want more lemon but fewer carbs, I suggest using True Lemon. It is a product from TrueCitrus.com,, who also makes True Lime, Grapefruit, Orange and some others. They crystallize the fruit, and each serving is <1 carb per serving (1/4 tsp). I use it in many drinks and recipes especially when I don't want to let some fruit go to waste. I'm going to use this to increase the flavor. It's great in drinks too!
Excellent recipe. Both keto and non-keto members of my household love this one. It's a keeper!
Ps. I make this with 1/2 cup of cream and 1/2 cup of chicken stock. Still very good.
Do you also have a recipe for Lemon Chicken for people who do not have an Instant Pot?
This recipe has stovetop instructions too - in fact, that it how it was originally made and photographed.
Delicious! I made this for dinner tonight in the Instant Pot. I did not include the lemon zest and it was still very tasty. The chicken was very moist. This is a keeper recipe. The family loved it.
VERY flavorful and yummy! I threw a bag of baby spinach into the sauce to cook at the end, and the lemon sauce paired perfectly with the spinach. Will definitely make again.
So glad you liked it. Love, love the addition of spinach. I am so trying that.
Haven't had lemon chicken in ages, but this is absolutely delicious and I will make it again and again! It is to die for!!
I am so glad you liked it.
I was only looking up a keto lemon sauce and I came upon this lemon chicken recipe! IMy husband LOVED the lemon chicken (my son and I did too) and is still bragging about it this morning. It will be on our weekly menu for sure!
Thank you! ❤️
Best Keto Chicken Recipe!
We made this tonight with roasted asparagus. Talk about wanting to lick the plate! This was wonderful, and also made a great sauce for the asaparagus. Will make again and again. Keto is so easy with recipes like this! Thank you for sharing!
So glad you all enjoyed it.
All the recipes look great. I wondered do you have a cookbook, and how can I order one?
Hi Diana, I have five cookbooks, two of which are low/carb and keto. You can get them on Amazon.
soon as I saw lemon juice and half and half, I thought oh oh it will curdle, and it did
If you substitute half and half in the recipe, it will likely curdle. The recipe calls for heavy cream, which is about 40% milkfat. It is thicker than half and half, and the high fat content means it won't curdle when heated.