You will swoon over the tangy lemon sauce in this Keto Lemon Chicken. With a hefty kick of pepper, the sauce delivers just the right amount of punch. It looks a touch fancy but comes together in a flash! Great for entertaining…or Tuesday night. Serve this Keto Lemon Pepper Chicken with a simple green salad for a complete meal!
You Will Fall in Love with This Keto Lemon Chicken!
I am so excited to be back here today to share this crazy-good Keto Lemon Chicken recipe!
It has been a while since I've posted because BIG LIFE STUFF has been going on.
WE MOVED! Into what is as close to my dream home as I could have hoped for.
It all happened so quickly, and I can't wait to get settled so I can start creating more low-carb yumminess in my new super-amazing kitchen.
In the meantime, I am relying on simple dishes that I've made time and again, like this Keto Lemon Pepper Chicken.
It comes together in a flash, making it perfect for those times when you have things you'd rather do than cook. (Or are drowning in boxes while nursing a broken toe.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use chicken thighs? What about skin on chicken?
Absolutely - either white or dark meat chicken works. (Dark meat is considered more Keto-Friendly.) Skin on boneless chicken (if you can find it) will work beautifully here and render a crisp crust that can't be beat.
What sides work with Lemon Chicken?
- It doesn't get much easier (or tastier) than this Keto Asparagus.
- Keto Brussels Sprouts are a tasty side that never gets old.
- This Low Carb Green Salad is simple perfection!
What do I need to make Keto Lemon Chicken?
- Boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- Almond flour
- Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- White wine or chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Parsley oregano, or thyme
Variations for this Recipe
- For an even richer sauce, add in 2 tablespoons of grass fed butter.
- To make Keto Lemon Garlic Chicken, at 1 teaspoon of minced garlic to the pan when you deglaze it.
- Add 3 tablespoons of rinsed and drained capers after the pan is deglazed.
How to Make Keto Lemon Chicken
This section is step by step instructions for those of you who are visual. Please see below for the full recipe with measurements.
1 First, gather your ingredients. Slice each chicken breast horizontally. Place it in a plastic bag or under plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, pound to an even thickness.
2 After that, combine almond flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
Coat the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off the excess.
3 After that, heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add oil.
Add chicken to the pan, and cook about 7 minutes per side - until it is a deep golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and tent to cover.
4 Add wine or broth to the pan to deglaze, scraping up any brown bits. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and heavy cream to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 3 minutes.
Finally, return the chicken to the pan to coat with the sauce. Serve with lemon slices.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
- Think you have to sacrifice on a low carb diet? This Keto Buffalo Chicken proves otherwise. All of the flavors you love without the carbs!
- Looking for a simple chicken recipe that is great on its own and perfect for meal prep? You will fall in love with this juicy Keto Grilled Chicken!
- It really doesn't get much better than this Keto Stuffed Chicken! Cheesy goodness at its best!
Keto Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
You will fall in love with this creamy lemon sauce! You can adjust the amount of lemon to your personal taste, just be aware that more lemon means more carbs. For an extra punch of lemon flavor without the extra carbs, add in a drop or two of lemon essential oil. I like to double the sauce recipe because it is fabulous drizzled on everything from cauliflower rice to eggs.
Keto Lemon Chicken
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Parsley oregano, or thyme - for garnish
- 1 drop lemon essential oil optional
- Slice each chicken breast horizontally and pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off the excess.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and add oil.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook until a deep golden brown, about 7 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and tent to cover.
- Add wine or chicken broth to the skillet and deglaze the pan.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and heavy cream to the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add a drop of lemon essential oil for a more vibrant lemony flavor.
- Return the chicken to the pan to coat with the sauce.
- Serve with lemon slices.
Other Low Carb Chicken Recipes to Try:
- For an easy one pan meal, you have to check out this Keto Chicken and Mushrooms from Sugar Free Mom.
- This Keto Bacon Ranch Smothered Chicken from That Low Carb Life is one the whole family will love! Because...bacon!
- Keto Chicken Lasagna Cups from A Spicy Perspective are a recipe that you don't want to miss!