You will swoon over the tangy lemon sauce in this Keto Lemon Chicken. With a hefty kick of pepper, the sauce delivers just the right amount of punch. It looks a touch fancy but comes together in a flash! Great for entertaining…or Tuesday night. Serve this Keto Lemon Pepper Chicken with a simple green salad for a complete meal!
You Will Fall in Love with This Keto Lemon Chicken!
I am so excited to be back here today to share this crazy-good Keto Lemon Chicken recipe!
If your life has been as busy as mine lately, you are going to fall in love with this delicious recipe.
It is one of those that you can throw together on a weeknight, but it is tasty enough to serve for a special occasion.
You will fall in love with this creamy lemon sauce! You can adjust the amount of lemon to your personal taste, just be aware that more lemon means more carbs.
For an extra punch of lemon flavor without the extra carbs, add in a touch of lemon extract.
I like to double the sauce recipe because it is fabulous drizzled on everything from cauliflower rice to eggs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this in the Instant Pot?
Yes - you sure can. Make sure you check out the Instant Pot Instructions down below, because they are different.
Can I use chicken thighs? What about skin on chicken?
Absolutely - either white or dark meat chicken works. (Dark meat is considered more Keto-Friendly.) Skin on boneless chicken (if you can find it) will work beautifully here and render a crisp crust that can't be beat.
What sides work with Lemon Chicken?
- It doesn't get much easier (or tastier) than this Keto Asparagus.
- Keto Brussels Sprouts are a tasty side that never gets old.
- This Low Carb Green Salad is simple perfection!
What do I need to make Keto Lemon Chicken?
- Boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- Almond flour
- Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- White wine or chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Parsley oregano, or thyme
Variations for this Recipe
- For an even richer sauce, add in 2 tablespoons of grass fed butter.
- To make Keto Lemon Garlic Chicken, at 1 teaspoon of minced garlic to the pan when you deglaze it.
- Add 3 tablespoons of rinsed and drained capers after the pan is deglazed.
How to Make Keto Lemon Chicken
Note: If you want to make this in your Instant Pot, check the recipe card below for full details on how.
This section is step by step instructions for those of you who are visual. Please see below for the full recipe with measurements.
1 First, gather your ingredients. Slice each chicken breast horizontally. Place it in a plastic bag or under plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, pound to an even thickness.
2 After that, combine almond flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
Coat the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off the excess.
3 After that, heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add oil.
Add chicken to the pan, and cook about 7 minutes per side - until it is a deep golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and tent to cover.
4 Add wine or broth to the pan to deglaze, scraping up any brown bits. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and heavy cream to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 3 minutes.
Finally, return the chicken to the pan to coat with the sauce. Serve with lemon slices.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
- Think you have to sacrifice on a low carb diet? This Keto Buffalo Chicken proves otherwise. All of the flavors you love without the carbs!
- Looking for a simple chicken recipe that is great on its own and perfect for meal prep? You will fall in love with this juicy Keto Grilled Chicken!
- It really doesn't get much better than this Keto Stuffed Chicken! Cheesy goodness at its best!
Keto Lemon Chicken
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil if making on the stovetop, olive oil works
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Parsley oregano, or thyme - for garnish
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract optional
- Slice each chicken breast horizontally and pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off the excess.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and add oil.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook until a deep golden brown, about 7 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and tent to cover.
- Add wine or chicken broth to the skillet and deglaze the pan.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and heavy cream to the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add lemon extract for a more vibrant lemony flavor.
- Return the chicken to the pan to coat with the sauce.
- Serve with lemon slices.
- Set your Instant Pot to medium-saute and add the oil. (You may want to use a little extra oil - the instant pot tends to stick with almond flour.) Once the Instant Pot is preheated, add the chicken. Cook until lightly brown, about 1- 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot.
- Add the wine or broth to the pot, and scrape the bottom to make sure all of the brown bits are up. Make sure you get everything up - otherwise you may deal with the dreaded burn message.
- Hit cancel.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, and heavy cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the trivet to the pot.
- Arrange the chicken on top of the trivet. Seal the pot and set to high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, and then do an instant release.
- Serve with lemon slices.
Other Low Carb Chicken Recipes to Try:
- For an easy one pan meal, you have to check out this Keto Chicken and Mushrooms from Sugar Free Mom.
- This Keto Bacon Ranch Smothered Chicken from That Low Carb Life is one the whole family will love! Because...bacon!
- Keto Chicken Lasagna Cups from A Spicy Perspective are a recipe that you don't want to miss!