This Keto Taco Salad is what to make when you are short on time or long on things you would rather do than cook! It takes less than 25 minutes to make and keeps perfectly for lunch all week. This is a go-to recipe that you’ll want to make time and again.
Why I Can’t Live Without This Zesty Keto Taco Salad!
Since my early 30’s, I’ve had a love affair with salads.
Now, not just any salad. In fact, you will rarely see me order a salad out because they almost always disappoint.
The occasional exception to this is at a high-end restaurant, but even then I am often left wondering what the chef was thinking.
For me to love a salad, it must have a fabulous dressing and enough goodies that I don’t feel like I’m eating rabbit food.
This Low Carb Taco Salad is just the kind of salad I love!
It is so simple to make and packs all the flavor of tacos into a delicious bowl. With crispy romaine, cheese, grape tomatoes, and perfectly seasoned meat all topped off with cilantro and my 4-Ingredient Tex Mex Dressing, this is one of those easy dishes that you will find yourself making on a regular basis.
If time is short, feel free to use any dressing you like. Just make sure it is a good one…because life is too short for salads with bad dressings. A simple ranch dressing would be good here, and you can typically find keto and low-carb friendly options at the grocery store.
If you want to get fancy, make some cheese crisps for that extra crunch factor. Or add some olives for an extra salty kick. You can even top it with a dollop of sour cream. (Because almost everything is better with sour cream.) This is one of those no-fuss dishes that is easy to get creative with.
I like to double this recipe so that I have a grab and go lunch in the fridge.
Want to Get Creative? More Toppings to Try!
- Fresh or pickled Jalapeno Peppers
- Sour Cream
- Red onion
- Red peppers – raw or roasted
Kitchen Tools To Make This Recipe:
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified sales.
Frequently Asked Questions
What goes well with Keto Taco Salad?
I think of this is a meal by itself, but if you are looking for a side dish, here are some to consider.
Can this recipe be made ahead of time?
Yes, this keto salad is PERFECT for meal prep! You can keep all of the prepped ingredients except for the avocado and dressing for two days covered in the refrigerator. To keep them any longer, I recommend storing the ingredients in divided containers or separately. Otherwise, the moisture from other ingredients will start to make your lettuce soggy. Add avocado and dressing just before serving.
Other Keto Recipes to Try:
- Keto Ranch Chicken is a simple dinner that even kids and non-keto family members adore.
- Instant Pot Keto Chicken and Mushrooms is quick to make and packs a surprising punch of flavor. Serve it with cauliflower rice for a complete meal.
- Looking for more salad inspiration? You are going to love this delicious Low Carb Cobb Salad. This crunchy, fresh salad is one I turn to again and again.
Keto Taco Salad
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning check labels to avoid sugar; I prefer to make my own
- 2 tablespoons bone broth or water
- 8 ounces romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado diced
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Tex Mex Dressing for serving
- Gather your ingredients and spray a skillet with oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook, stirring frequently, until cooked through and browned. (About 5 minutes.)
- Drain off any grease and stir in water and taco seasoning.
- Cook for 2 more minutes, until the seasoning is well incorporated and the water has evaporated.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide the lettuce among the plates.
- Top with beef, avocado, cheese, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve