When you need a simple meal that is loaded with flavor, these Keto Chicken Lettuce Wraps are perfect. Zippy ginger and garlic are combined with a punchy peanut butter sauce to create tender chicken with an Asian flair. Top it off with your favorite fixings, and you have a delicious meal that will leave you doing a happy dance.
When I first went keto, I was so bummed to learn that PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps were not keto-friendly. It turns out, they are loaded with added sugars.
Then I realized just how easy it would be to make chicken lettuce cups keto.
This super-easy recipe is so tasty and perfect for low-carb keto meal prep.
Ingredients for Making Keto Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken: I have made this with both chicken breast and thighs - they both work great.
- Salt and Pepper: Adjust the amount of salt and pepper to taste.
- Oil: Avocado oil is my go-to for high heat cooking. I don’t recommend using extra-virgin olive oil for high heat cooking.
- Ginger: There is no substitute for fresh ginger. You can store leftovers in the freezer.
- Garlic: I prefer fresh minced garlic, but you could add garlic powder when you add the salt and pepper if you prefer.
- Peanut Butter: Make sure it is unsweetened. Any keto-friendly nut butter will work here.
- Coconut Aminos: This is a gluten and soy-free alternative to soy sauce.
- Sweetener: I used Swerve confectioners, but you can use your favorite keto sweetener. If you use a granular sweetener, you may want to give it a whirl in the food processor before adding it to the sauce. This will help to prevent a gritty texture.
- Lime Juice: Bottled lime juice can be used if you don’t have fresh limes.
- Rice Wine Vinegar: Make sure you are using unseasoned, as seasoned rice wine vinegar has sugar.
- Broth: I like to make my own broth in the Instant Pot
- Lettuce: Butter lettuce, living lettuce, or any large leaf lettuce works here.
Frequently Asked Questions
When dining out, chicken lettuce wraps are almost never keto-friendly because the sauce typically use hoisin sauce which is loaded with carbs. Some sauces also have a tremendous amount of added sugar.
Making homemade chicken lettuce wraps keto isn’t that difficult, and that is just what we have done here! This recipe is excellent for your keto diet.
You can use most any large leaf lettuce. Some great options are Bibb and Butter lettuce. I often find gourmet lettuce head blends (as photographed) for a fun presentation.
Play with it and use what you already have on hand. I have even enjoyed this lettuce wraps recipe inside of cabbage instead of lettuce!
Tools Needed to Make Low Carb Chicken Lettuce Wraps
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Large Skillet
- Medium Bowl
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to four days.
How to Make Keto Chicken Lettuce Wraps
First, start by seasoning your chicken with salt and pepper. (I typically use a teaspoon of salt for each pound of meat.)
Heat the oil and add the chicken. Cook for about 6 minutes and then add the ginger and garlic. Cook for another minute.
While the chicken is cooking, whisk together the peanut butter, coconut aminos, Swerve, lime juice and rice wine vinegar, and chicken broth.
Add the chicken broth to the pan, and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken.
Divide the chicken between the lettuce leaves and garnish as desired.
More Keto Chicken Recipes to Try
- Keto Chicken Drumsticks are so easy to prepare and loved by both kids and adults. Perfect for an easy weeknight meal.
- When you are craving something that is rich, creamy, and so delicious, Keto Chicken Carbonara is perfect!
- Keto Cream Cheese Chicken will have your family thinking you spent hours in the kitchen. Only you will know just how easy it is to make.
- When you need something that is extra special, this Keto Chicken Kiev is just what you are looking for. I am not sure that it gets any better than this buttery chicken.
Keto Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 16 Butter lettuce leaves
- For garnish: chopped green onions peanuts or sesame seeds, diced red bell pepper
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil to medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook until it is browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the coconut aminos, Swerve, lime juice and rice wine vinegar.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan with the chicken, and scrape up any brown bits.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add the peanut butter sauce.
- Simmer for about 6 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the lettuce leaves. Garnish as desired.
Leave a Reply