Skip the take-out and make this delicious Keto Teriyaki Chicken at home! In less than 30 minutes of hands-on time, you have a wholesome meal that tastes just as good as carry-out and fits in perfectly with your low carb diet. This easy recipe is one I turn to again and again!
I didn't eat many Asian-inspired foods growing up, but my husband has always been a huge fan.
I've grown to love the flavors as much as he does through the years of cooking for him.
This Keto Teriyaki Chicken is simple to make and always a hit at our house. I think you will love it too!
Is Teriyaki Sauce Keto?
Although the carbs can be relatively low, traditional teriyaki sauce is not keto-friendly because it contains soy, wheat, and sugar. Some brands also include molasses. I like to make my own.
- Teriyaki Sauce - I like to use my homemade keto teriyaki sauce, but if you are short on time, you can buy a teriyaki sauce better for a low carb lifestyle that traditional teriyaki sauce. I haven't found a 100% keto compliant brand - this brand is the closest I have seen. Note that it does contain soy if that is a concern for you. (Here is my homemade teriyaki sauce.)
- Avocado Oil - Because we are cooking at a high temperature, using an oil that has a high smoke point is essential. I have linked to the least expensive brand that I have found.
- Chicken - I used chicken thighs, but boneless chicken breast work too. It is entirely a matter of personal preference.
- Green Beans - To save time pick up a bag that are already trimmed.
- Chicken Broth - This is one place where I don't take shortcuts. I have a strong preference for homemade chicken broth because it is so inexpensive to make (I use scraps), and the flavor is better. I keep it in Souper Cubes in the freezer.
- Cayenne Pepper - You can skip this if you don't like heat. Or dial it up if you do!
- Garnishes - I like scallions and sesame seeds for a garnish. Hot sauce is another option too.
Feel free to play with the vegetables! Some great options to substitute or add include:
- Red Pepper
Make it Easier
Use a store bought rotisserie chicken, a bag or pre-cut green beans, and purchased teriyaki sauce to speed things up.
How to Make Keto Teriyaki Chicken
First, start by whisking together 3 tablespoons of the teriyaki sauce and avocado oil. Add the chicken to the bowl and allow to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes - or you can refrigerate overnight.
Next, blanch the green beans in a pot of salted water. Drain and plunge into a bowl of ice water. Drain and pat dry.
While the green beans are cooking, combine the remaining teriyaki sauce with the chicken broth and cayenne pepper.
Finally, heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet and cook the chicken until browned.
Add the green beans and cook for another minute.
Toss with the sauce and serve warm.
You May Also Like
- Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan are an easy to make side dish that never gets old.
- This Keto Green Bean Casserole isn't just for the holidays! It is fabulous throughout the year.
- Looking for more easy one dish meals? You are going to love this Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice.
- Caprese Chicken is quick to make and so full of flavor! It works just as well for company as it does a weeknight meal.
- Looking for more easy dinner options? Don't miss these 17 Slow Cooker Keto Recipes.
Keto Teriyaki Chicken
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of the teriyaki sauce and avocado oil. Add the chicken to the bowl and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the green beans. Cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into a bowl of ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ¼ cup of teriyaki sauce with the chicken broth, and cayenne pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 3 minutes, until browned. Add the green beans and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Add the sauce and toss to combine.