My kids love buffalo wings, and this Keto Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken gives us all the flavor with minimal effort and mess. I often make this recipe on the weekends, doubling it so that I have it on hand for easy meals during the week. You will love how easy this is to throw together in your Crock Pot or Instant Pot.
If you haven't noticed by now, I am all about Buffalo Wing Flavor.
It shouldn't come as a surprise to you then, that I have found a way to work Buffalo sauce into my weekly meal prep.
This Keto Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken is the perfect dump meal. Just throw everything in and turn on your slow cooker. Come back later to buttery, juicy, and tender chicken.
(Update: I have now tested this recipe for the Instant Pot and it works beautifully!)
There are so many ways to serve this that it NEVER gets old. Buffalo Wings are great, but this is perfect to use in other recipes, or for those times when I don't feel like getting my fingers messy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! It is super-easy to make this recipe in the Instant Pot - perfect for when you need to get dinner on the table in a flash. I have added instructions in the recipe card, so if you are going to go this route, make sure you check that out because the order in which things are added is different than in the Crock-Pot.
Yes, most all Buffalo Wing Sauces are suitable for a keto diet. Most have low to know carbs. BUT, you should always read the label because there are exceptions, and some do have a slightly higher carb count.
Absolutely! I frequently double this recipe for meal prep. To freeze, allow to cool completely in the refrigerator and then divide into portions in freezer safe containers. Freeze for up to three months.
- This is fabulous stuffed in avocado and topped with Keto Ranch Dressing, tomato, blue cheese crumbles, and cilantro.
- It is also great over cauliflower rice with the above-mentioned accompaniments.
- If you have keto wraps or bread, make a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich! I like to add shredded lettuce and chopped celery and tomatoes.
- Serve over Keto Cauliflower Mash; omit the goat cheese and use blue cheese instead.
- It is simply amazing on a Buffalo Chicken Pizza!
How to Make Keto Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
First, place the chicken, Buffalo hot sauce, butter, brown sugar substitute, smoked paprika, garlic powder and cayenne pepper in a slow cooker.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8.
Use forks to shred the chicken.
You May Also Like
- If easy and juicy chicken is something you like, you will love this Air Fryer Chicken! No air fryer? I've got instructions to bake them too.
- It doesn't get much easier - or tastier - than this Instant Pot Chicken and Mushrooms.
- Keto BBQ Chicken is a super-easy meal that kids and adults agree on.
- Craving comfort food? You will love this Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole.
Low Carb Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
This Low Carb Buffalo Chicken is fabulous served on keto-friendly buns, on a salad, and served over mashed cauliflower and drizzled with blue cheese dressing. It is also fantastic in an avocado for lunch! Feel free to amp up the heat if you like - a touch more cayenne pepper should do the trick.
Keto Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Place chicken, hot sauce, butter, brown sugar substitute, smoked paprika, garlic powder and cayenne pepper in a slow cooker.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or low for 6 to 8.
- Use forks to shred the chicken.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Put the buffalo sauce in the bottom of the instant pot. Add the chicken and butter.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar substitute, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set to seal. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Do a quick release and allow to sit for another 5 minutes.