This Keto Peanut Sauce is an irresistible topping that you are going to want to drizzle on everything! It is fabulous with Keto Chicken Wings and works equally well over grilled or roasted vegetables. This recipe isn't particularly fussy, so feel free to play with it and adapt it to your tastes. Both adults and children go crazy for this one.
Meet You New Go-To Put On Everything Sauce: Keto Peanut Sauce
I grew up eating traditional Southern fare. Fried chicken was a weekly thing, and cornbread was one of my first loves.
I knew my mother was a fabulous cook. What I didn't know was all the other flavors I was missing out on.
It wasn't until my 20's that I finally broadened my horizons, and it was during that time that I discovered my passion for food.
The first time I tried peanut sauce was at an Asian restaurant. To say that I fell for it hard would be an understatement. To a girl whose sauces had been limited to gravy and ranch dressing, I felt like my tastebuds were waking up to a whole new world.
I immediately started playing with versions at home, and this Keto Peanut Sauce recipe is my latest variation.
This recipe isn't finicky, so feel free to adjust the seasonings to your taste. I often add quite a bit more ginger and garlic and have been known to throw in a touch of onion. This recipe is a ridiculously delicious way to add an Asian flair chicken and vegetables.
Tips for Making This Recipe:
- The consistency of this sauce is up to personal preference. If you want to thin it, make sure you don't add too much water at a time. It can become runny quickly, so add water just a tablespoon at a time.
- If you are on Keto, make sure you read the label of your peanut butter to ensure that it doesn't have any sugar added. I like to grind my own either at the store or using my food processor at home. That way, I know there is nothing added.
Variations for Keto Thai Peanut Sauce:
- If you aren't avoiding gluten, soy sauce may be used in place of the tamari.
- A brown sugar substitute like Surkin Gold may be used in place of the Swerve.
- Apple Cider Vinegar may be used in place of the rice vinegar.
- Add in ¼ cup finely diced onion.
Frequently Asked Questions:
This recipe keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To serve, remove from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Whisk well.
Assuming it is made with sugar-free peanut butter, most peanut sauce is ok in moderation on a Keto Diet. This recipe has just 1 net carb per serving.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
Keto Peanut Sauce Recipe
Brighten up your grilled chicken or chicken wings with this Keto Thai Peanut Sauce. With zippy ginger, garlic, lime, and crushed red pepper flakes, this is a flavor-packed sauce that I like to make on the weekend for meal prep. It lends a refreshingly vibrant bite to chicken and is also fabulous drizzled over grilled vegetables.
Keto Peanut Sauce - A Spicy Thai Sauce that will Rock Your World
- ½ cup peanut butter sugar free, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Swerve
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes plus more to taste
- ¼ cup hot water more or less to desired consistency
- In a small bowl combine peanut butter, tamari or coconut aminos, rice vinegar, lime juice, ginger, sesame oil, garlic, Swerve and crushed red pepper flakes. Whisk until well blended.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.