What can you do with leftover turkey? Make this delicious Keto Turkey Casserole! It is filling without being too heavy, making it perfect for a post-holiday dinner. With limited hands-on time, this delightful casserole is flavor-packed and guaranteed to keep your tastebuds happy.
One of the biggest questions after the holidays is what to do with leftover Turkey.
Sure, it's excellent smothered in gravy, but when you have a lot left, this gets old quick.
Enter this Keto Turkey Casserole. It is easy to make and a great way to mix up your leftovers.
Keep this casserole in the fridge for up to three days. You can freeze it for up to two months. I like to freeze casseroles in individual serving portions to make a quick meal easier.
Tips and Variations
- To make clean-up a snap, use an oven-safe skillet instead of cooking in a skillet and then transferring to a casserole dish.
- Don't have turkey? Chicken works great here too!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. I recommend using 2 pounds of ground turkey. Season the turkey with salt and pepper and brown it in a large skillet coated with ¼ cup of avocado or olive oil.
Yes, turkey is a great low-carb alternative and works fine for a keto diet. Since it is lower in fat than some other meats, make sure you serve it with a high-fat side to balance your macros.
How to Make Keto Turkey Casserole
This section is a visual walkthrough for those who like to see photos of the process. Please see the recipe card below for the complete recipe with measurements.
First, start by preheating your oven.
Heat your oil in a large skillet, and then add the onion, celery, and mushrooms. Cook until the onion is tender and the mushrooms have released their liquid.
Next, stir in the garlic, sage, and seasonings.
Cook for another minute and then stir in the turkey. Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish.
Whisk together the eggs and heavy cream. Pour over the turkey and top with cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes. If you like, you can broil the top until brown.
You May Also Like:
- This Keto Mushroom Gravy is an easy way to elevate any meal. It works well with beef, chicken, or turkey. I am also obsessed with it over Keto Mashed Cauliflower.
- Keto Roasted Vegetables are a delicious side that never gets old! Great for the holidays.
- Looking for more casserole inspiration? Check out this round-up of Keto Casserole Recipes or visit my Casserole archives for my complete collection of recipes.
Keto Turkey Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion diced
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh diced sage or chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked turkey chopped
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces Gruyere cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and mushrooms. Cook for 10 minutes, until the onion is tender and the mushrooms have released their liquid.
- Stir in garlic and sage. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 more minute. Stir in turkey and transfer the mixture to a 9 x 9 casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs and heavy cream. Pour over the turkey mixture and top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then broil for 2 minutes to brown the top.
Amazing recipe, I added some bacon bits, and I didn’t have guyere cheese so I substituted Swiss
I am so glad you enjoyed it!
Can I use ground turkey instead? If so, how much?
Tried this one for a weeknight dinner. My family requested that I make it again!
I tried this casserole for dinner and it turned out so great. My family loved it
Amazing and delicious recipe! My family loved this!
Journa Liz Ramirez
Tried this turkey recipe last weekend, I'm glad it turned out to be flavorful, my family loved it. A perfect addition to my go-to leftover recipes.
This tasted so amazing! Thanks a lot for sharing this super easy to make turkey casserole recipe! Fam really loves it! Will surely have this again! Highly recommended!
This recipe gets five stars, it was really delicious and flavorful. I’m definitely making this again. Thank you.