Looking for a deliciously simple recipe that works just as well for a weeknight as it does your holiday table? You will love this Keto Turkey Tenderloin. Boneless turkey is marinated in a zippy sauce brightened with fresh herbs and then oven-roasted for an easy main course that always satisfies.
For a lot of us, the holidays will look a little different this year.
Large gatherings of family and friends will give way to more intimate parties with close family.
If you plan on a smaller holiday celebration, this Keto Turkey Tenderloin is an easy and delicious main course option. You can still enjoy your traditional Christmas turkey, but in a way that is easy to scale to a small group.
This Low Carb Turkey Tenderloin is so tasty and easy to make that you just may find yourself making it throughout the year!
Ingredients for Making Easy Low Carb Turkey Tenderloin
Avocado Oil - You can use any oil you like - make sure that it is keto-friendly and high-heat safe.
Mustard - A good quality dijon goes a long way to add a tangy flavor here. I do not recommend using yellow mustard.
Fresh Herbs - Dried work in a pinch, but I think fresh is always best.
Garlic - If you don't have fresh garlic, use a teaspoon of garlic powder.
Salt - I use fine pink sea salt. In general, I recommend 1 teaspoon of salt per pound of meat. If the amount of meat you are cooking is more or less than two pounds, adjust accordingly.
Onion Powder - I don't recommend using minced fresh onion here, because given the heat and cooking time, it is likely to burn. If you want to use fresh onion, I recommend larger slices that you arrange on top of the meat to provide flavor.
Black Pepper - Fresh ground it best!
Turkey Tenderloin - I wrote the recipe for two pounds, but the marinade will work for 1 to 3 pounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Turkey tenderloins a tender cut that is the boneless and skinless part of the turkey breast. It comes from the inside center of the turkey breast. Tenderloins typically weigh between eight ounces and one pound.
According to the USDA, turkey tenderloin should be cooked to 165° F to be safe. I like to take it out of the oven when it reaches 160° F and then let it rest. The meat will continue to increase in temperature as it rests, achieving the optimal temperature of 165° F. Always use an Instant Read Thermometer to check the temperature.
- Take flavors to the next level with this Keto Mushroom Gravy. You won't believe how delicious this combination is.
- Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan make a delicious low carb side that the whole family will go wild for.
- Keto Stuffing is a holiday classic that never gets old. There is no sacrificing here.
Tools Needed to Make Easy Turkey Tenderloin
As an Amazon Associate, I earn From Qualifying Sales
- Shallow Dish
- Instant Read Thermometer
How to Make Keto Turkey Tenderloin
Make the Marinade
Combine the oil, dijon mustard, thyme, rosemary, sage, garlic, salt, onion powder, and pepper in a small bowl.
Marinate the Turkey
Put the turkey in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over it. Refrigerate for at least six hours, but preferably overnights.
Cook the turkey in a 400° F oven for between 30 and 40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160° F.
Rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing. The internal temperature will continue to rise as the turkey rests until it reaches the recommended temperature of 165° F.
More Keto Turkey Recipes
- Looking for a fabulous way to use leftovers? This Keto Turkey Casserole is out of this world.
- If you think you don't like ground turkey, these Keto Turkey Meatballs will change your mind. Tender meatballs in a delicious BBQ sauce make for a meal that both kids and adults will love.
- Shallow Dish
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 pounds turkey tenderloin
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, mustard, thyme, rosemary, sage, garlic, salt, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Place the turkey in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over it. Marinate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place the turkey in a baking dish and roast for 30 to 40 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 160° F.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
So glad that you enjoyed it! Thanks for taking the time to let me know.
Very tasty and extremely moist, we will definitely be trying this again!
So glad you enjoyed it!