This Low Carb Cauliflower Mash is even more wildly delicious than it looks! You are going to go nuts for this creamy goodness. It is basically impossible not to like, with all of the deliciousness of mashed potatoes without the carbs. This is one the whole family will enjoy!
Low Carb Cauliflower Mash Backstory
Growing up, one of my favorite dishes was Mashed Potatoes.
I can remember being in my Grandmother's kitchen, watching her make them with her handheld mixer.
Just like when she made cakes, she always let me lick the batter.
It is true - I am such a savory girl that I was just as happy to lick potatoes off the beaters as I was cake batter.
Maybe even happier.
I still get excited at the thought of cheesy, fluffy mashed potatoes, but it has been quite a while since I have them.
These days, I opt for this Low Carb Cauliflower Mash. And, surprisingly, I'm not missing potatoes.
This mashed cauli is luscious - with all the creamy, buttery goodness of the “real thing”.
The only thing missing is the white carbs! And I think that is something that we can all celebrate.
This recipe is fabulous served with meatloaf or steak, and also would make a great holiday side. It is something the whole crowd will enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can, but you might not like the results. If you don't let the cauliflower drain, you might end up with a watery mash. If for any reason you decide to do this, I recommend not adding the heavy cream until the very end. That way you can have a bit more control over the consistency.
Yes, cauliflower is one of the most Keto-Friendly vegetables that there is. It has just 2.9 grams of carbohydrates per cup.
And bonus points: It is full of Vitamin C, fiber, and potassium.
You can read more about why cauliflower is great on a low carb diet here.
It isn’t necessary to store cauliflower in the crisper. If yours is full, keep it in the packaging and store it on a shelf in the refrigerator.
Tools Needed to Make This Recipe:
- Food Processor, Stand Mixer, or Hand Mixer
- Large Pot
Variations for This Recipe
- Add 1 head of peeled and mashed roasted garlic.
- If you are not on Keto, you can use milk or buttermilk in place of the heavy cream.
- Add 1 teaspoon smoked paprika.
- Use mascarpone cheese or cream cheese in place of the goat cheese.
- Add 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish and 3 tablespoons fresh minced dill
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
Low Carb Cauliflower Mash
Low Carb Cauliflower Mash
- 1 head large cauliflower cut into florets (about 8 cups)
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream more as needed to reach desired consistency
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Gather your ingredients. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and place the cauliflower on paper towels to absorb any excess water.
- Transfer cauliflower to a food processor and add goat cheese, butter, cream, sea salt, garlic powder, fresh ground black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Process until smooth, adding in more cream if necessary to reach desired consistency.