Are you looking for a deliciously rich and decadent dessert that is also low-carb, keto-friendly, and flourless? Look no further than this amazing Low Carb Torte. This keto flourless chocolate cake is a super chocolaty cake made with only a handful of ingredients. (No need to worry about special flours or a long list of ingredients!) Get ready to indulge in an incredibly luscious treat today; your taste buds won’t be disappointed!
Anytime I can enjoy rich, decadent chocolate that is gluten-free and sugar-free, I call that a win.
As far as keto dessert recipes go, it doesn’t get any better than this keto chocolate torte!
You have all the flavor of a luscious chocolate cake without the fuss of cake layering. Plus, there is no need for specialty flour like almond flour or coconut flour.
Give this flourless keto chocolate cake a try - I think you will love it.
- Eggs: Use large eggs that are at room temperature.
- Stevia Sweetened Chocolate: I use Lily's, but you can use your favorite brand. For the best melting, I recommend using chocolate bars, not chocolate chips. You can use dark chocolate, milk chocolate or semi-sweet.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter. There is no need to bring it to room temperature since it will be melted with the chocolate.
- Vanilla: Use the best quality that you can. It will make a big difference in the final taste of your low carb flourless chocolate cake..
- Cream of Tartar: Cream of tartar is a necessary ingredient for this recipe. It gives the egg whites stability and helps keep them fluffy. You can find it in almost any supermarket, or you can order it from Amazon if you don't have a local store that carries it.
- Swerve: I use swerve confectioners because the granular version can feel grainy even after cooking. You can use another sweetener - just make sure it is low carb to keep this flourless chocolate cake keto.
Tips & Tricks
- Beat the egg whites to stiff glossy peaks just until they hold. You want them to be stiff peaks, but be careful not to overbeat.
- Mixing the egg whites, yolks and chocolate together by hand (using a spatula) is essential. This gives you control over the batter to help you avoid over mixing.
- Your low carb torte is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- I like serving this torte with ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce, but you could ice it if you like. Give my keto cream cheese frosting a try.
Serve this with keto vanilla ice cream, keto chocolate ice cream, or keto whipped cream.
Top it off with pecans (or these candied keto pecans), another nut, and keto-friendly chocolate sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a cake and torte?
A cake is typically made with flour and other ingredients such as sugar, butter, eggs, and milk.
A torte is a type of cake that is a dense, rich dessert that is typically made without flour and has a smaller amount of sugar.
How many carbs are in a flourless torte?
A typical flourless torte typically contains between 5 and 20 grams of net carbs per slice, depending on the ingredients used and the recipe.
This low carb torte recipe is perfect for a keto diet with only 2 net carbs per serving.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Stand mixer with two bowls
- Spring form pan
- Rubber spatula
- Microwave safe bowl
Leftover chocolate torte can be stored at room temperature for up to four days.
You may freeze individual slices of the torte in an airtight container for up to three months. Let it thaw at room temperature before serving.
You can also cover your finished torte with plastic wrap or transfer it directly to a freezer bag and freeze it.
To defrost, let the low carb flourless chocolate cake sit at room temperature until it has thawed completely.
If you prefer to defrost in the fridge, allow at least 2 hours for it to come to room temperature before serving. Alternatively, heat it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. (This is my favorite way to serve it!)
Step by Step
For full instructions and measurements, see the recipe card below.
First, start by separating the eggs.
To separate an egg, first crack it in the middle. Over a bowl, tip the yolk back and forth between the shells, allowing the white to fall in the bowl.
Allow the eggs to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or so to come to room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a 9-inch springform pan well and set aside.
In a large glass bowl, place the chocolate and butter.
Melt the chocolate and butter by microwaving for 1 minute and stirringl. Continue to melt in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate and butter are melted.
If you don't want to use the microwave, you can melt the chocolate on the stove over a double boiler. Just make sure no water touches the chocolate as this can cause it to seize up.
Once your chocolate is melted, stir in the vanilla extract.
While the chocolate is melting, in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks for 5 minutes.
Gradually add in the chocolate mixture, beating until well combined.
Take the bowl off of the stand mixer and set aside.
In a clean stand mixer bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy.
(If you don’t have two bowls for your stand mixer, you can transfer the chocolate mixture to another bowl and wash the bowl before proceeding with this stem.)
Gradually add in the cream of tartar while beating on medium speed. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
Once you reach stiff peaks, slowly add in the sweetener, beating on high.
Gently fold a third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until no streaks remain.
Once incorporated, gently fold in the remaining whites until well combined. Be gentle so that you deflate the mixture as little as possible.
Pour the keto flourless chocolate torte batter into your prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
More Keto Desserts to Try:
- You Won't Believe They Are Keto Macaroons
- Rich and Creamy Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Easy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lucious Keto Cheesecake
Low Carb Torte - Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 5 large eggs
- 12 ounces Llly’s chocolate bars chopped
- ¾ cup unsalted butter cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup Swerve confectioner’s plus more for topping if desired
- Separate the eggs and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Place the chocolate and butter in a large glass bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Continue to microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate and butter are melted. (You could also heat on top of a double broiler.)
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks for 5 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture and beat until combined.
- In a clean bowl and with clean beaters, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar over medium speed until foamy.
- Add the sweetener, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high to combine. Continue until stiff peaks form and all the Swerve is incorporated.
- Using a spatula, fold a third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Once incorporated, fold in the remaining whites.
- Transfer to the prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. It will deflate as it cools - this is normal!Remove the edge of the pan, and dust with more sugar if desired.
Leave a Reply