Want to take your low-carb desserts to the next level? Keto Whipped Cream is the perfect way to do it. It is deliciously sugar-free, without a smidgen of sacrifice. Give it a try, and I think you will agree.
Sugar-free whipped cream is the best way that I know of to take your favorite keto desserts to the next level.
If you have never made whipped cream at home, it is surprisingly easy, especially if you have a stand mixer.
All that is involved is combining the ingredients and letting the mixer work its magic.
Even if you don’t have a stand mixer, you can use a hand mixer or put your muscle to work and whip it by hand.
It is easy, delicious, and always a hit!
Ingredients for Making Whipped Cream Keto Friendly
Heavy Cream: You want full-fat heavy whipping cream, not half and half.
Sweetener: I use Swerve confectioners and sift it to avoid any lumps. If you are going to use a granular sugar-free sweetener, I recommend giving it a whirl in your food processor first. In general, however, a powdered sweetener is always recommended for heavy cream.
Vanilla Extract: Use the best quality that you can.
- Bourbon Whipped Cream: Add 1 tablespoon bourbon when you add the vanilla.
- Cinnamon: Add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Chocolate: Add 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Maple: In place of the Swerve, add 3 tablespoons maple syrup substitute, such as Choc-Zero.
Tips & Tricks
- I recommend chilling the mixing bowl and whisk before making whipped cream.
- If you know you will have leftovers or want to try to make this ahead of time, add in ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar.
What is Low Carb Whipped Cream Good With?
Frequently Asked Questions
You want to use the highest fat cream you can, like heavy cream or heavy whipping cream. Ideally, you are looking for a whipped cream that is at least 36% fat.
Not only is this good for your keto diet, but light whipped cream will not be as stable. Generally speaking, anything under 30% fat will not whip at all.
For soft peaks, just lift your beaters. The peak of the cream should curl over just a bit in the bowl.
You can beat to medium peaks if you prefer a stiffer whipped cream.
You can try adding in a touch of heavy cream. If it isn’t too far over, this may revive it. If it deflates, you need to start over with new cream.
Tools Needed to Make Keto Whipped Cream Recipe
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
Whipped cream is always best right when it is made. You can store leftover whipped cream in the refrigerator for up to three days.
I do not recommend freezing it.
How to Make Keto Whipped Cream
Start with cold heavy cream.
Add it to your stand mixer (a hand mixer works in a pinch) and whip until soft peaks form. This should take about 5 minutes.
If you would like have a firmer whipped cream, you can beat it a bit longer, but be careful not to overdo it.
Add your sweetener and vanilla extract and continue to whip until incorporated.
You May Also Like
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies are so good that even the kids will beg you for this low carb treat.
- Breakfast or dessert? You decide! Either way you will love this Coffee Chia Pudding.
- Keto Cheesecake Bites are easy to make and perfect for when you need a little bite of something sweet.
- Looking for more dessert inspiration? Check out these Keto Christmas Cookies.
Keto Whipped Cream
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Swerve confectioner’s sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip the heavy cream on high until peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla and whip until it is well incorporated.