When you need to wow your friends and family, this Keto Cheesecake delivers. It is perfect for the holidays and other special occasions - but truth be told, I make it year-round and eat it by the slice throughout the week. Great on its own, you can also kick it up a notch or two with the addition of Keto Raspberry Sauce.
Though I don't have the biggest sweet tooth when it is time to celebrate, I am all about creating low carb desserts that the whole family will love.
I am not strict about my kids never having sugar, but I figure if I can create sugar-free desserts that they enjoy, why not?
This Keto Cheesecake is so ridiculously good that my husband didn't believe me when I told him it was sugar-free.
I call that winning!
Tips & Tricks for Making This Keto Cheesecake Recipe
- You want to turn the oven off when it is just set, but still has a bit of jiggly-ness in the center. It will firm up during the time it is refrigerated.
- Don’t feel obligated to use a crust! Crustless cheesecake-like crustless quiche - is still fabulous.
- Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature. This is key to the right consistency.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most often, it is sudden changes in temperature that cause the cheesecake to crack. Additionally, over baking can lead to cracking.
Leave the cheesecake in the oven with it turned off and the door cracked for about an hour after the cooking time. Avoid opening the door while the cheesecake is cooking.
I have made this recipe numerous times and haven't had an issue with it cracking. If you do, no worries. Just cover it with a topping, like my Keto Raspberry Sauce! I promise it will still taste delicious
- This low carb cheesecake will keep for up to five days in the refrigerator. Wrap it tightly in plastic.
- You can also freeze this cheesecake for up to three months. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight or about 2 hours at room temperature. I like to freeze in individually wrapped portions - that way, I can get just what I need and am never tempted to overdo it!
How to Make Keto Cheesecake
First, start with a prepared crust. I like this Keto Pecan Crust because it is super-easy to make, but any crust works.
Next, preheat your oven to 325° F. Place a baking dish in the lower part of your oven and position another rack in the middle of your oven. Place one cup of water in the baking dish.
Beat the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer until smooth.
Add the maple syrup substitute, sweetener, and cream. Beat for about 2 minutes, until combined.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs one at a time, scraping the sides after each addition.
Add the sour cream and vanilla and stir to combine.
Pour the filling over the crust and place in the oven on the rack above the water bath.
Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, until set.
Turn your oven off, and open the oven door slightly. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for about an hour.
Cool on a wire rack and then refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
You May Also Like:
- Chocolate Cheesecake Fat Bombs are easy to make and guaranteed to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
- Keto Panna Cotta is surprisingly simple to make and always a hit. It is a fun one to change up by mixing up your toppings.
- If you like lemon, you are going to go wild for these Keto Lemon Bars. So ridiculously full of flavor!
- Spring Form Pan
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- 1 prepared Pecan Crust or other keto cheesecake crust
- 32 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup maple syrup substitute like choc zero
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioner’s
- ⅓ cup heavy cream at room temperature
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For serving: Keto Raspberry Sauce or Whipped Cream optional
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Place 1 cup of water in a baking dish in the lower part of your oven.
- Beat the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer until smooth. Add the maple syrup substitute, Swerve, and heavy cream and beat until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spoon. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla and stir to combine. Pour the filling over the crust and place in the oven on a rack above the water bath.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, until set.
- Turn your oven off, and open the oven door slightly. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for about an hour.
- Cool on a wire rack and then refrigerate for a least 6 hours before serving. If desired, top with Keto Raspberry Sauce.