Looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal? This Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole is the perfect solution! With just 15 minutes of prep time, you can have a delicious and nutritious dinner on the table in no time. Plus, it's freezer-friendly, so you can make a big batch and save it for later. So give this casserole a try – your family will love it!
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole is a delicious, easy, and healthy meal that will leave you feeling satisfied and happy.
It has all the flavors of spinach artichoke dip in a delicious casserole that the whole family will love.
The chicken adds protein and makes it so filling without any added carbohydrates.
This casserole is perfect for a weeknight dinner, and it will help you get your kids to eat their vegetables without any fuss!
I hope you enjoy this chicken spinach artichoke casserole.! If you try it, please let me know what you think in the comments below.
Ingredients for Making Chicken Artichoke Casserole
- Heavy Cream: You want to use full-fat heavy cream. Half and half works if you are not keto.
- Chicken Broth: I like to use homemade chicken broth because it adds more flavor. You can also use water if you are watching your sodium intake.
- Butter: You can use salted or unsalted butter.
- Cream Cheese: I recommend using full-fat cream cheese for this recipe to keep it low-carb. However, you could use low-fat if you aren't keto wanted to reduce the calories.
- Garlic Powder: This is a great way to add flavor without chopping fresh garlic.
- Salt: I like to use sea salt, but you can use any type of salt that you have on hand.
- Pepper: I recommend using freshly ground black pepper for this recipe.
- Spinach: I used frozen spinach for this recipe because it is more convenient. You could use fresh spinach, but you must cook it down in a large skillet before adding it to the casserole.
- Artichoke Hearts: I like to use canned artichoke hearts because they are already cooked and ready to use. You can find them in the canned vegetable aisle at your grocery store. Use water-packed to avoid too much oil in your casserole.
- Chicken: I used cooked and cubed chicken breast for this recipe, but you could also use rotisserie chicken or shredded chicken.
- Mozzarella Cheese: I used mozzarella cheese because it melts well, but you could also use cheddar cheese if you prefer.
- Parmesan Cheese: I like to grate my parmesan cheese for the most flavor.
- Feta Cheese: I used crumbled feta cheese, but you could also use goat cheese in this chicken artichoke spinach casserole if you prefer.
Tips & Tricks
- I recommend cooking the chicken ahead of time, so it is already cooked and ready to go when you make the casserole. This will save you time and effort.
- If you don't have any cream cheese on hand, you could use sour cream or Greek yogurt in its place. The spinach chicken artichoke casserole will not be quite thick, but it is still delicious.
- I like to top my casserole with some extra cheese and chopped green onions before serving. This is entirely optional, but it does add a nice touch.
This artichoke spinach chicken casserole is delicious on its own, but you could also serve it with a side of Keto Broccoli or Brussels Sprouts.
Want to serve this over something? This casserole is great over zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice.
You could also turn this into a hearty meal by serving it with a side salad and bread. Try my Cheese Breadsticks or Keto Garlic Knots.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole is keto-friendly.
Yes, this Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole is gluten-free.
Yes, you can make Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole ahead of time. I would recommend adding an extra 10 minutes to the bake time if you are baking it from cold.
(Remember, never put a cold glass or ceramic casserole dish in a warm oven!)
No, you should not put raw chicken in a casserole. The chicken needs to be cooked before adding it to the casserole. This will ensure that the chicken is cooked through and safe to eat.
Tools Needed to Make Chicken Artichoke Bake
As an Amazon Associate, I Earn From Qualifying Sales.
- 8 x 8 casserole dish
- Large Saucepan
Keto chicken spinach artichoke casserole can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole in the microwave or oven until warmed through. If it seems dry, you may need to add a little chicken broth or water to the casserole.
This casserole can also be frozen. I would recommend freezing it before adding the topping. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then sprinkle the topping and bake as directed.
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
First, start by preheating your oven to 350° F. Then, spray an 8 x 8 casserole dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
Next, you will need to heat the cream, chicken broth, and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts.
Once the butter has melted, add the cream cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk until the cream cheese melts, which should take about 5 to 7 minutes.
Then, stir in the spinach, artichokes, and chicken. Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
Finally, top with mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and feta cheese. Cook for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I hope you enjoy this Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole as much as we do! If you try it, please leave me a comment and let me know how you liked it.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed and excess moisture pressed out
- 10 ounces quartered artichoke hearts drained
- 3 ½ cups cooked cubed chicken
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 8 x 8 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the cream, chicken broth, and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts.
- Add the cream cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk until the cream cheese melts, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, artichokes, and chicken.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Top with mozzarella, parmesan, and feta.
- Cook for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Could crumbled blue cheese be substituted for crumbled Feta?
Yes - that would be really good!