Every cook needs a few good salad dressing recipes in their repertoire, and this Keto Italian Dressing is a must-try! It comes together in about 5 minutes and is so much easier than you’d ever imagine something with so much flavor. (And so much tastier than store-bought!) Use it on a salad, lettuce wraps, or to marinate chicken. Whatever you choose, this keto salad dressing will surely be a hit.
Salad dressing is an essential part of any salad, and it can be hard to find one that tastes delicious and still fits into your keto diet. But don't worry, because I have the perfect recipe for you!
You make this keto Italian dressing with simple ingredients like olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and seasonings. It is sugar-free, gluten-free, and can be made dairy-free by omitting the parmesan cheese.
Best of all, you can whip it up in just a few minutes.
So why not give it a try?
Ingredients for Making Italian Dressing Keto
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Use the best quality you have - it makes a difference in the final taste of this low-carb Italian dressing recipe.
- Red Wine Vinegar: You could also use white wine vinegar, but I think the red wine vinegar gives it a more complex flavor. Apple cider vinegar may also be used in this Italian vinaigrette.
- Swerve Confectioners: This is a keto-friendly sugar substitute found at most grocery stores. Other sugar-free sweeteners such as monk fruit or allulose will also keep this dressing keto friendly.
- Dijon Mustard: This adds a nice tanginess to the dressing.
- Dried Parsley: This is for garnish and also adds a nice flavor. If you have fresh on hand, a tablespoon chopped is lovely here. You can also skip the parsley and oregano and use Italian seasoning.
- Dried Oregano: This is another herb that adds flavor to the dressing. You can use a tablespoon of fresh oregano if you have it. If you like, basil may be substituted.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes: This gives the dressing a little bit of heat that is subtle and not overpowering.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: This is optional, but it adds an excellent depth of flavor to the dressing.
Tips & Tricks
- You can adjust the amount of vinegar and mustard to taste. If you want a thinner dressing, add a little bit more oil.
- And if you want it to be a little sweeter, add a bit more Swerve.
- To emulsify the dressing without a blender, simply whisk all ingredients together until they are well combined. I like to start with all ingredients except the oil and then add the oil in a drizzle. You can also shake it in a mason jar.
- To make keto creamy Italian dressing, reduce the oil to ¼ cup and add ¼ cup sour cream and ¼ cup mayonnaise.
- Garlic powder and onion powder are great additions to this homemade Italian dressing.
Use this keto friendly Italian dressing on a green salad, drizzled on vegetables or avocado, or marinate proteins.
Frequently Asked Questions
Italian salad dressing is typically made with olive oil, red wine vinegar, and various herbs and spices. It can also include sugar, onions, garlic, and other ingredients.
This dressing will last in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Yes, you can make Italian dressing without sugar using a sugar substitute like Swerve.
Italian dressing is typically made with olive oil, vinegar, and herbs, while Caesar dressing is made with olive oil, lemon juice, anchovies, and Parmesan cheese.
That depends! Many types of Italian dressing have sugar in them.
Like most people, you probably think of salad dressing as a healthy food.
But you may not realize that many salad dressings are loaded with sugar and unhealthy fats. A good keto Italian dressing should be made with olive oil, vinegar, and spices. And it should be free of any added sugars.
This is the best Italian dressing for keto!
The origins of Italian dressing are a bit unclear. But the dressing was likely created in America, and it gets its name because it contains ingredients that are common in Italian cuisine.
Tools Needed to Make Keto Italian Dressing Recipe
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Mason Jar and Immersion Blender or
This dressing will last in the fridge for about two weeks, so feel free to make a batch ahead of time. I like to store homemade salad dressing in a sealed mason jar.
How to Make Keto Italian Dressing
In a blender or in a mason jar using an immersion blender, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Swerve, Dijon, parsley, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, and parmesan.
Process until the ingredients are combined and the dressing is emulsified.
More Keto Salad Dressings
Keto Italian Dressing
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan
- In a blender combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Swerve, Dijon, parsley, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, and grated parmesan.
- Process until smooth.
So much flavor and simple to make. Love this recipe.
I love the dijon in this - delicious!
We loved the dressing! Thank you for sharing the recipe!
This is the best Italian dressing I've ever made! Thanks so much for this!
This is really easy to follow, loved this italian dressing recipe! It's really tasty and very flavorful! Will surely have this again! Highly recommended!