This Keto Lasagna Skillet is such a simple and delicious meal! It has all the flavors of traditional lasagna without all of the fuss. With this skillet meal, you’ll have dinner on the table in no time - no oven or layering required! Comfort foods don’t get any easier than this.
If you're looking for an easy one-dish keto meal that the whole family will love, look no further than this delicious keto lasagna skillet.
This dish is simple to make and only requires a handful of ingredients. We skip the carbohydrates from lasagna noodles and up the protein by using both ground sausage and ground beef.
The result? A delicious low-carb skillet meal that you can throw together in a fraction of the time it takes you to make traditional lasagna.
So gather up your supplies, and let's get cooking!
Reasons You'll Love This Recipe:
-It's an easy one-dish meal
-It's packed with flavor
-It's low-carb and keto-friendly
-It can be made in under 30 minutes
Ingredients for Making Keto Skillet Lasagna
- Ground Beef: You'll need one pound of ground beef for this easy keto lasagna. I like to use 80/20 ground beef because it has a higher fat content and helps keep the dish moist.
- Italian Sausage: One pound of Italian sausage is also required. I prefer sweet Italian sausage, but you can use hot or mild if that's what you have on hand. Just be sure to remove it from the casing before browning.
- Onion: A half cup of diced onion is all you need.
- Garlic: One clove of minced garlic adds just the right punch of flavor. You can substitute garlic powder if you like.
- Italian Seasoning: 1 and ½ teaspoons of Italian seasoning will give this dish its classic flavor. A blend of oregano and basil can be used if you don’t have Italian seasoning.
- Salt and Pepper: I use sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Keto Marinara: You'll need four cups of keto marinara sauce. You can make your own or purchase a store-bought variety to save prep time.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Eight ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into bite-sized pieces, round out this dish's cheese component.
- Ricotta Cheese: A half cup of fresh ricotta adds creaminess and body to the lasagna. Drain your ricotta if it has a lot of liquid. You can swap the ricotta for full-fat cottage cheese if you like.
- Parmesan Cheese: Use freshly grated, or buy pre-grated parmesan cheese from the grocery store's refrigerator section.
Tips & Tricks
- When browning the beef and sausage for low-carb lasagna, break them up into small pieces, so they cook evenly.
- Drain any excess fat from the beef and sausage before adding the remaining ingredients.
- The keto marinara sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer for later use.
Want to serve this over “pasta”? Zucchini noodles are palmini noodles are super each, and both make great options.
For a spectacular finish to the meal, try this Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a few different factors that can lead to a lasagna that's too juicy.
One common issue is using too much sauce.
If you're making your sauce, measure it carefully, and don't add more than the recipe calls for. If you're using jarred sauce, drain any excess before adding it to the dish.
Another common issue is not draining excess fat from the meat filling. Be sure to brown well and drain any excess grease before adding it to the lasagna.
Vegetables can also add too much moisture to a lasagna. If you're using fresh vegetables, cook them before adding them to the dish. If you're using frozen vegetables, thaw and drain them before adding them to the lasagna.
Tomatoes are a keto-friendly food and can be enjoyed in moderation on a ketogenic diet. However, it's essential to remember that tomatoes are relatively high in carbs and should be consumed in moderation.
Tools Needed to Make Skillet Keto Lasagna
As an Amazon Associate, I Earn From Qualifying Sales.
- Large Skillet
If you have leftovers, they will keep in the fridge for up to four days. Reheat in the microwave, on the stove top, or bake before serving.
How to Make Keto Lasagna Skillet
Keto skillet recipes are perfect for busy weeknights!
In a large pan, cook the ground beef and sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up with the back of a spoon until the meat is brown. Drain.
Add the onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
Cook for 5 minutes, and then add the tomato sauce.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with the torn mozzarella and then dollop with the ricotta. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
Cover until the cheese melts. (If you prefer, you can place it under the broiler.)
Garnish and serve warm in a bowl.
You May Also Like
- When you want a deliciously indulgent meal, this Keto Eggplant Lasagna delivers! Like all keto recipes with ricotta cheese, the creamy goodness of this one takes the flavors over the top.
- You won’t miss the pasta in this Keto Lasagna with Palmini Noodles. All the flavors and texture you love, but deliciously low carb.
- Keto Stuffed Meatballs are so good you will wonder why you ever made meatballs any other way.
- This Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash casserole is flavor-packed and sure to become a favorite.
Keto Lasagna Skillet
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage removed from casings
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups keto marinara
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella torn
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- For garnish: fresh basil and parsley
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up with the back of a spoon until the meat is brown. Drain.
- Add the onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes, and then add the marinara.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the torn mozzarella and dollop with the ricotta. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Cover until the cheese melts. (If you prefer, you can place it under the broiler.)
- Garnish and serve warm.