For an easy and delicious weeknight dinner, these crispy keto air fryer chicken tenders are just what you need. Perfectly cooked juicy chicken tenders coated in an irresistible crunchy golden brown exterior - what more could you ask for? And the best part? These tenders are low-carb. They are Gluten-free and ketogenic-friendly, so you can enjoy them while sticking to your keto diet. Follow along with this easy step-by-step tutorial, and let’s get started!
When you are on a low-carb diet, sometimes dinnertime means cooking one meal for yourself and another for the family. One of my biggest goals is to end this by creating simple meals that the whole family can agree on.
These keto chicken tenders in the air fryer are just that!
Juicy chicken is coated in a crispy exterior for a delicious keto main course that the whole family will be excited to eat. Serve this with your favorite dipping sauce, and be prepared for happy smiles all around!
- Chicken: I buy boneless skinless chicken tenderloins, but you could certainly cut your own from chicken breasts to make air fryer keto chicken tenders.. Chicken thighs will work just fine if you prefer that.
- Salt: Use 1 teaspoon of salt per pound of meat.
- Eggs: I use two large eggs for one and a half pounds of chicken.
- Almond flour: Using almond flour rather than all-purpose flour keeps these air fryer chicken tenders keto. Use fine almond flour to keep the coating crispy.
- Parmesan cheese: Grate your own parmesan cheese for the most flavor.
- Garlic powder, thyme, and cayenne pepper: These spices add a lot of flavor to the coating.
Step By Step Instructions
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card below.
The first step to making almond flour chicken tenders in the air fryer is to prep the chicken. Gently pat the chicken tenders dry and season on both sides with salt.
In a shallow bowl, crack two eggs. In a separate bowl, stir together almond flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, thyme, and cayenne pepper.
Dip the chicken strips into the eggs, and then coat with the parmesan mixture.
Use one hand (or set of tongs) when handling the eggs and another when handling the dry mixture to avoid clumping. Gently press the coating into the chicken.
Preheat your air fryer to 400° F for about five minutes. Once preheated, spray both sides of the chicken tenders with cooking oil spray and add them to your air fryer in a single layer.
Air fry for 12 - 16 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking, until golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce!
Tips & Tricks
- Preheat your air fryer before adding the chicken tenders, to ensure even cooking. This also helps to make sure your keto chicken strips in the air fryer are crispy.
- To keep the almond flour coating from falling off while cooking, press it onto the chicken with your fingers to make sure it adheres to the surface.
- Cook in batches if needed to avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket.
- If you're using a different brand of air fryer, you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
These air fryer chicken tenders are even better when served with a sauce. Try my keto bbq sauce, keto honey mustard, or keto blue cheese dressing.
Pair this with a simple side like keto brussels sprouts, cauliflower rice, or green beans with parmesan for a simple and delicious meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Carbs are in Air Fryer Chicken Tenders?
Most chicken tenders are fairly high in carbs, because they use breadcrumbs in the coating. Some are even brined in sugar.
This recipe for air fryer chicken tenders has just XXX grams of net carbs per serving.
Can You Put Raw Chicken in the Air Fryer?
Yes! Raw chicken can be cooked in the air fryer, as long as it is cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165° F.
Can I Make These Chicken Tenders in an Oven?
Yes! To make these in the oven, preheat your oven to 400° F and bake on a foil lined baking sheet for 20-30 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
What Other Seasonings Can I Add?
Feel free to change up the seasonings in this recipe. Try adding Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, or Cajun spices for a different flavor profile! Be sure to adjust the salt and pepper depending on what other seasonings you add.
Tools Needed to Make
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Air Fryer
- Air fryer liners (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Instant read thermometer
This recipe is best the day that it is made, but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Reheat them in the air fryer to crisp them back up.
More Keto Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- For an easy and indulgent meal, it doesn’t get any better than air fryer filet mignon.
- Keto buffalo chicken meatballs are perfect for making in the air fryer.
- Air fryer whole chicken is one of my favorite recipes for meal prep.
- For a meal that never fails to delight, don’t miss these air fryer short ribs.
30-Minute Crispy Keto Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 1 ½ pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup fine almond flour
- ⅔ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 11/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Gently pat the chicken tenders dry. Season on both sides with salt.
- Place the eggs in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the almond flour, parmesan, garlic powder, thyme, and cayenne pepper.
- Dip the chicken into the eggs, and then coat with the parmesan. Use one hand (or set of tongs) when handling the eggs and another when handling the dry mixture to avoid clumping.
- Use your hands to gently press the coating into the chicken.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400° F.
- Spray both sides of the chicken with cooking spray and add them to your air fryer in a single layer, cooking in batches if necessary.
- Cook for 8 minutes and then flip. Cook for another 4 to 8 minutes, until the exterior is golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 160° F.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Journa Liz Ramirez
These chicken tenders are so easy to make. t was my first time using the air fryer, glad it turned out so great. So crispy and tender. Everyone is pleased in my family. Highly recommended!
I enjoyed these healthy chicken tenders! They are irresistibly delicious and pleasing! Must-try!