Ditch the store-bought brand and make your own delicious Keto Honey Mustard right at home! This recipe uses clean, simple, everyday ingredients and comes together in minutes. It’s so versatile you’ll find yourself reaching for it again and again. It’s a seriously great way to up your flavor game and turn even bland foods into crave-worthy dishes.
Why You Need This Recipe
When you’re craving flavor, this Keto Honey Mustard always gets the job done! After one taste, you’ll never want to go back to store-bought brands again.
I love how versatile this sauce is. You can use it for dunking Chicken Tenders, dressing salads, drizzling over chicken breast or pork, dipping wings, and so much more!
Best of all, it’s made with clean, simple, everyday ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen. There are no artificial ingredients, fillers, or preservatives like you get with store-bought dips and dressings.
And let’s face it: condiments make everything better. One of the best ways to stick to any diet is to level up your flavor game, and clean recipes like this one are a super-easy way to do that.
Even a boring chicken breast can be delicious with some Sugar-Free Honey Mustard on top!
Ingredients for Making Sugar Free Honey Mustard
- Mayonnaise — Make sure you get the full-fat kind with no added sugar. If possible, opt for mayo brands that use avocado oil rather than soybean oil. Full fat Greek yogurt may be substituted.
- Mustard — For this recipe, you’ll use a combination of stone-ground and Dijon. You could use yellow mustard if you prefer.
- Sweetener — You want to choose a powdered low-carb sweetener. I recommend Swerve confectioners. If you prefer, stevia may also be used.
- Apple Cider Vinegar — The hint of acid gives your Low Carb Honey Mustard great balance.
- Seasoning — Onion powder, turmeric, salt, and pepper will add just the right depth of flavor. Garlic powder may be used in place of onion powder if you prefer.
Tips & Tricks
- If you only have granulated low-carb sweetener, throw it in a high-speed blender and pulse a few times until powdered. Make sure to let it settle for a minute before you open the blender. This will ensure the best texture in your low carb honey mustard sauce.
- Let your Keto Honey Mustard chill for at least an hour in the refrigerator so the flavors can come together.
- This dip also works great as a Keto Honey Mustard Salad Dressing Recipe! You may want to let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before dressing the salad to make it easier to toss.
- This keto honey mustard recipe goes perfectly with juicy, tender, crispy Keto Fried Chicken!
- Boneless Keto Turkey Tenderloin is marinated with fresh herbs and oven-roasted for a super easy main course that goes great with sauce.
- For the perfect low-carb alternative to french fries, crispy Keto Zucchini Fries are a sneaky way to get kids to eat their vegetables.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, honey is not considered keto-friendly due to the high amount of carbs per serving. To keep our Honey Mustard keto, we’ll skip the honey and substitute the flavor and sweetness in other ways.
This depends on the brand, but in most cases, pre-made honey mustard is going to contain more carbs and sugar than we want for a keto diet.
Two tablespoons will have around 7 grams of carbs and 5 grams of sugar.
On the other hand, this version is extremely low in net carbs and has no added sugar.
So you can feel free to use it as a dip, a sauce, or your new favorite Keto Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe!
Some imitation honey brands are available, but I don’t think they’re truly necessary. Plus, most will contain ingredients like sorbitol and maltitol, which are generally not considered clean.
I find you can achieve a similar taste without needing to buy yet another imitation product.
Store any extra Keto Honey Mustard Dressing or Dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When stored properly, it will last for at least a week.
How to Make Keto Honey Mustard
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, grainy mustard, Dijon mustard, Swerve, apple cider vinegar, onion powder, and turmeric.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavors combine.
More Keto Dressings and Sauces
- This Keto Ranch Dressing is so delicious; I’m sure it will become a staple in your house just like it is in mine!
- You’re going to go wild for Keto Pesto packed with garlicky goodness, toasted pecans, basil, and just a little bit of lemon juice.
- Keto Bang Bang Sauce is a no-fail dipping sauce that goes great with shrimp, chicken, and even cauliflower!
- Spicy, zesty, and oh-so-irresistible Keto Horseradish Sauce is smooth yet packs in just the right amount of sharpness.
Keto Honey Mustard
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup stone-ground mustard
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Swerve confectioners
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, grainy mustard, Dijon mustard, Swerve, apple cider vinegar, onion powder, and turmeric.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavors combine.