Keto Bang Bang Cauliflower has just the right amount of sweet heat from the easy to make Bang Bang Sauce! It is a delicious side that works just as well as an appetizer. You are going to love this crispy, sweet, and spicy cauliflower!
Is it just me, or is cauliflower the super-hero of the vegetable world?
It never ceases to amaze me at all the ways you can use it.
This Keto Bang Bang Cauliflower is yet another way to keep your veggie game lively. Give it a try, and I think you will agree - gluten-free side dishes don’t get any better than this.
Ingredients for Making Bang Bang Cauliflower Keto
- Cauliflower: You want about 1 ½ pounds of cauliflower. You can buy pre-cut cauliflower if you like.
- Eggs: I used large eggs, but whatever eggs you have on hand works.
- Almond Flour: Finely grated works best.
- Parmesan Cheese: Skip the shelf stable kind and opt for freshly grated parmesan instead.
- Salt and Pepper: Adjust to your liking.
- Cooking Spray: I used avocado oil due to cooking at high heat.
- Bang Bang Sauce: Most bang bang sauce recipes contain sweet chili sauce and non-keto-friendly sweetener, so make sure you use my keto-friendly version.
Tips & Tricks
- You wouldn’t think that Bang Bang Cauliflower would store well, but it is surprisingly good leftover. One of my favorite ways to enjoy it is to re-crisp it in the air fryer and toss it with a salad! It adds a pop of flavor and a textural element I love. Not exactly like a crouton, but satisfying all the same.
- Feel free to play around with the heat and sweetness of this keto low-carb bang bang cauliflower. You can add more sweetener or Sriracha to the sauce if you like.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most Bang Bang Sauce has honey and sweet chili sauce, so it isn’t suitable for a low-carb keto diet. This Keto Bang Bang Cauliflower Recipe is ideally suited for keto!
Tools Needed to Make Bang Bang Cauliflower
As an Amazon Associate, I Earn from Qualified Sales
You can refrigerate Bang Bang Cauliflower for three to four days. If you know you will be saving some, you can leave the cooked and breaded cauliflower separate from the sauce.
Even if you have tossed it, it will still be good, just not as crispy as it was originally.
Either way, I recommend reheating it to crispy it back up.
I don’t recommend freezing Bang Bang Cauliflower after it has been tossed with the sauce. If you would like to bread and freeze the cauliflower before tossing, you can do so.
Allow it to cool completely, and then freeze until firm on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Transfer to a freezer-safe container, and freeze for up to three months.
How to Make Keto Bang Bang Cauliflower
Start by breading your cauliflower.
To do this, beat your eggs and place them in a shallow bowl.
In another shallow bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
Dip the cauliflower into the eggs, and then coat with the breading.
Use your fingers to press the breading into the cauliflower.
Air Fryer Keto Bang Bang Cauliflower
Preheat your air fryer and spray the breaded cauliflower with cooking spray.
Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer in your air fryer. Cook in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding.
Coof for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until the cauliflower is lightly browned.
Baked Bang Bang Cauliflower
Preheat your oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spray it well with oil.
Arrange the cauliflower on your baking sheet, being careful not to overcrowd.
Spray with oil and cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Putting it Together
Toss the cauliflower with the Bang Bang Sauce and serve immediately.
More Keto Cauliflower Recipes
- If you love buffalo sauce as much as I do, you are going to go wild for these Keto Cauliflower Wings!
- BBQ Cauliflower “Wings” are another fun twist and “cauliflower” wings that is one of the best ways I know to get kids eating cauliflower.
- No need to miss potatoes with this Keto Potato Salad!
- Keto Cauliflower Casserole is so good that the family may not even know they are eating cauliflower!
Keto Bang Bang Cauliflower
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the almond flour, parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into the egg and then coat with the almond flour mixture.
- Use your hands to press the coating into the cauliflower.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400° F.
- Spray the cauliflower with cooking spray.
- Arrange in a single layer and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping after five minutes, until golden brown. (Cook in batches if necessary.)
- Preheat your oven to 420° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the baking sheet and spray the tops with oil.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Flip and cook another 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- To Combine
- Toss the cauliflower with the Bang Bang Sauce and serve immediately.