Keto Meatloaf Muffins are healthy, satisfying, and fun! They pack a lot of flavor without requiring too many ingredients. Perfect for meal prep, they make a great on-the-go lunch and are always a welcome addition to the dinner table.
Is there anything more comforting than meatloaf?
I don’t know, but I know that it always takes me back to childhood.
If you are looking for keto recipes that even the kids will love, you don’t want to miss these Keto Meatloaf Muffins.
They are easy to make, and the family won’t even know they are low carb!
I like to top them with BBQ sauce because it gives them a hint of sweetness and a smoky flavor, but ketchup is also an option.
Give this meatloaf recipe a try, and you will be hooked!
Ingredients for Making Keto Meatloaf Muffin Recipe
Ground Beef: You can use any ground beef you like. If you choose one with higher fat content, you will want to blot the fat off before you add the ketchup or BBQ sauce.
Almond Flour: I used finely ground, but any will work here.
Salt: Adjust the amount of salt to suit your taste.
Paprika: I used hot smoked paprika, but mild or even sweet paprika will work.
Onion Powder: ⅓ cup of diced fresh onion is another option.
Garlic Powder: If you prefer to use fresh, use two minced cloves of garlic.
Eggs: Large eggs are what I used, but this recipe isn’t particularly fussy; use what you have on hand.
Gelatin: This is optional but recommended. I love the texture that it gives meatloaf and meatballs in the absence of breadcrumbs.
Topping: Top your keto meatloaf cups with either ketchup or bbq sauce. I recommend using my homemade recipe for either. If you choose to buy, make sure you select a keto-friendly brand.
Tips, Tricks, and Variations
- Feel free to switch up the meat. Ground pork or ground turkey work here. If you want to get all crazy, use a blend!
- Don’t skip using an instant-read thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165° F.
- If you prefer, you could use mini meatloaf pans to make little mini meatloaves! This is a fun way to mix things up.
- Crushed pork rinds can be used in place of almond flour.
- If you aren’t dairy-free, add in ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese.
Since you would typically serve meatloaf with mashed potatoes, my Keto Mashed Cauliflower is the perfect side dish. Round out the meal with Roasted Green Beans or Keto Brussels Sprouts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is meatloaf keto?
These Low Carb Meat Muffins are perfect for the keto diet, but most meatloaf is not keto. This is because they use breadcrumbs as a binder and are typically topped with ketchup that has sugar. Some also contain milk.
Is ground beef OK on keto?
Yes, ground beef is an excellent choice for your low-carb diet.
How many carbs in keto meatloaf?
How do you reheat meatloaf muffins?
You can reheat them in the microwave or in the oven. It will take between 15 and 20 minutes in a 350° F to reheat them.
Meatloaf with No Breadcrumbs?
Yes - you really can have meatloaf without breadcrumbs. I used a combination of almond flour and gelatin to hold these Low Carb Meatloaf Muffins together. The gelatin is optional.
Tools Needed to Make Keto Meatloaf Cups
As an Amazon Associate I earn from Qualified Sales
- Digital Thermometer
- Muffin Tin
- Ice Cream Scoop
Store these muffins in the refrigerator for up to four days.
You may freeze them for up to three months. To freeze, allow the muffins to cool completely. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Arrange the muffins in a single layer and freeze until solid. Once they are solid, you can transfer them to a freezer bag or freezer-safe container.
How to Make Keto Meatloaf Muffins
Start by preheating your oven and spraying your muffin pan with cooking spray. You could also use muffin cup liners if you like.
Make the Mixture
Combine the ground beef, almond flour, salt, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and gelatin. Allow to sit for about five minutes, and then add to the ground beef mixture.
Combine the mixture with your hand.
Transfer the mixture to your prepared pan. I find that a cookie scoop is the easiest way to do this.
Bake for 20 minutes, and then add your topping. Return to the oven and bake until the internal temperature reaches 165° F, about 10 more minutes.
More Keto Ground Beef Recipes
- Keto Meatloaf
- Taco Casserole
- Low Carb Beef Enchiladas
- Caramelized Onion Meatballs
- Cheesy Keto Meatball Casserole
- Keto Taco Salad
Keto Meatloaf Muffins
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons gelatin optional
- 12 tablespoons keto bbq sauce or keto ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, almond flour, salt, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Beat the eggs together with the gelatin and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg mixture to the meat mixture, and combine with your hands.
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide the mixture into your muffin tin. Press down with your hands.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully blot away any excess fat with paper towels.
- Use a brush to spread the ketchup or bbq sauce on top of the muffins.
- Bake for another 10 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160° F.
- Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes, and then remove the muffins from the muffin tin.
Leave a Reply