Keto Beef Enchiladas are perfect when you are craving Southwestern flavors! Perfectly seasoned ground beef is mixed with diced green chilies and sour cream, stuffed into a keto tortilla, and topped with a zippy enchilada sauce and cheese for a combination that never fails to delight. This is a low-carb dish that doesn't feel like a sacrifice.
If you love (Americanized) Mexican food as much as I do, you are going to fall in love with this keto beef enchilada casserole.
It is one of those recipes that you can make all of the components for during your weekly meal prep, so it is super simple to throw together during the week.
Of course, when life gets crazy, you can also use purchased tortillas, enchilada sauce, and taco seasoning.
Either way, I think you will enjoy these keto beef enchiladas with low carb tortillas just as much as our family does.
Ingredients for Making Low Carb Beef Enchiladas
As an Amazon Associate, I earn From Qualifying Sales
- Avocado Oil - Any keto-friendly oil works here; be mindful of the smoke point if you use olive oil.
- Onion - I like white onion in this recipe.
- Taco Seasoning - The best way to ensure that your taco seasoning doesn't contain ingredients that aren't keto-friendly is to make it yourself. If you are short on time and want to use purchased taco seasoning, make sure you read the label. Some contain sugar, believe it or not!
- Ground Beef - If you use beef with higher fat content, you may want to drain the oil. This is entirely a matter of personal preference.
- Diced Green Chilies - These are very mild. If you want to add some heat, you can add in pickled or fresh diced jalapeños for a portion of these.
- Sour Cream - Make sure you use full fat.
- Keto Tortillas - I make my own but feel free to use purchased if you can find them. If you want the flavor of enchiladas without needing tortillas, check out my Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole or Zucchini Enchiladas.
- Keto Enchilada Sauce - Any enchilada sauce that is keto-friendly works, but making your own is so simple. I typically make a triple batch and freeze it in Souper Cubes.
- Shredded Cheese - I used cheddar, but pepper jack is also a great option. Fresh grated is best because pre-grated cheese has additives to keep it from clumping.
If you are having trouble rolling your tortillas, heat them in a dry skillet or on a gas burner for about 30 seconds.
Some people like to cook them in oil for 30 seconds, but I generally find this process cumbersome and haven't had an issue with my Keto Tortilla Recipe being pliable enough to roll without breaking.
Keto ground beef enchiladas are a meal by themselves!
How to Make Keto Beef Enchiladas with Low Carb Tortillas
Start by preheating your oven and spraying your casserole dish with cooking spray.
Spread ¼ cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish.
Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Cook the onion until it is tender, and then add the taco seasoning.
Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, using a spoon's back to break it up.
If you feel there is too much fat in the skillet, you can drain it if you like.
Stir in the green chiles and sour cream.
Divide the meat between the tortillas and roll it up. Place seam side down in the prepared casserole dish.
Top with the remaining enchiladas sauce and shredded cheese.
Bake your low carb beef enchiladas for 20 minutes, until heated through.
Keto Beef Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" x 9" casserole dish with cooking spray and spread ¼ cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until tender. Add the taco seasoning and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet, and cook until browned, breaking it up with the back of a spoon.
- Drain the excess fat if desired. Stir in the green chiles and sour cream.
- Divide the meat between the tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Top with the enchilada sauce and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.