Are you looking for a light, fresh, and flavorful meal to enjoy any day of the week? This Keto Asian Salad is just the thing to make. This light but satisfying salad combines crunchy cabbage with sweet bell peppers, creamy avocado, tender chicken, and nutty sesame seeds. Tossed in a tangy Asian Salad dressing, you have got a meal that is easy to make and so delicious!
When it comes to healthy and delicious meals that are low in carbs and full of fresh and flavorful ingredients, keto salads are near the top of my list.
From keto-friendly chicken salad, keto spinach salad, and even keto big mac salad, I am a big fan of working salads into my meal plans.
This low carb Asian salad is full of vibrant flavors and packed with enough protein to power your afternoon. Make this salad once, and you will be hooked.
- Napa Cabbage: Napa cabbage is a type of Chinese cabbage that can be found in the produce section of your local grocery store. It is known for its crunchy texture and slightly sweet flavor, making it perfect for adding to salads.
- Chicken: For this Asian salad recipe, I used cooked, shredded chicken. You could also use rotisserie or leftover grilled chicken if you have it.
- Bell Pepper: I used one red, orange, or yellow bell pepper for this keto Asian salad. Feel free to use whatever color you have on hand!
- Scallions: Scallions are a type of onion with a mild flavor. They help to give the salad an extra punch of flavor and crunch.
- Avocado: The creamy avocado adds a delicious, fatty element to the salad that helps to make it more filling.
- Keto Asian Salad Dressing: I recommend my homemade keto asian salad dressing for this recipe. It is a blend of Rice vinegar, coconut aminos, lime juice, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and olive oil for a delightful flavor that never gets old!
- Sesame Seeds: To finish off this Keto Asian Salad, sprinkle it with some toasted sesame seeds. This helps to give the salad an added nutty flavor and crunchy texture.
Step by Step
First, combine the cabbage, chicken, bell pepper, and scallions in a large bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss everything together to combine.
Top with diced avocado and sesame seeds. Finish with a sprinkle of cilantro if you like.
Tips, Tricks & Variations
- For a fun variation, add rinsed palmini noodles to your salad.
- If you are low carb rather than keto, shredded carrots are great here.
- Feel free to mix up the protein - grilled shrimp or fish is nice here.
- For even more crunch, top with toasted almonds.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many carbs are in Asian salad? Is Asian salad keto-friendly?
Most Asian salads are not keto-friendly because they contain higher-carb ingredients such as mandarin oranges, cashews, and noodles. Additionally, a typical Asian salad dressing has sugar in it. (Sometimes a lot!)
This Keto Asian Salad contains about 7 net carbs per serving, making this a keto-friendly salad.
To make this even lower in carbs, you can omit the bell peppers and replace them with other low-carb vegetables such as zucchini.
Is salad ok on keto?
Yes, salad is a great part of any keto diet. Just make sure to watch your dressings and toppings because the carbs will add up quickly!
Dressings can also be problematic because many dressings contain sugar.
But, as long as you watch your ingredients, salads can be a fantastic part of a keto diet.
Tools Needed to Make
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Large bowl
Untossed leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Just wait to peel and pit the avocado and toss the dressing until just before you are ready to serve.
After the salad is toss, it is best enjoyed immediately or within a few hours.
More Keto Salads to Try
- Keto big mac salad has all the flavors of your favorite burger in the confines of a delicious and nutritious bowl.
- Your taco Tuesday just got a little more fun thanks to this keto taco salad.
- Not matter what time of year, this keto broccoli salad makes the perfect easy side.
- For a delicious lunch that will power your afternoon, keto egg salad is always a winner.
- If you like Greek salad, you are sure to love this keto Greek salad. It is full of flavor and makes a fabulous side to grilled meats.
Keto Asian Salad
- 6 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 16 ounces chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 red orange, or yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 4 scallions sliced
- ½ cup keto asian salad dressing more or less to taste
- 1 avocado peeled pitted, and diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Combine the cabbage, chicken, bell pepper, and scallions in a large bowl.
- Toss with the salad dressing.
- Top with the avocado and sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply