I love the way roasting vegetables brings out their sweetness and adds a hint of smokiness. This Keto Loaded Cauliflower has the flavors of a loaded potato in a keto-friendly version. This easy-to-make side dish is perfect for busy nights.
I am a big fan of cauliflower. It is so versatile and also readily absorbs flavors that you blend with it. I love my mashed cauliflower and this mashed keto cauliflower casserole, and I am also a big fan of roasted cauliflower.
This easy recipe combines the texture of roasted cauliflower with all the deliciousness of loaded cauliflower. To me, it tastes a lot like loaded potatoes, minus all the carbs.
Some recipes start by having you steam the cauliflower, but I love the richness that roasted cauliflower lends to the dish. Plus, you don’t have to deal with the excess water that comes from steamed cauliflower. This Keto Loaded Cauliflower recipe is super simple and so full of flavor.
Give it a try, and I think you will be hooked.
Ingredients for Making Keto Loaded Cauliflower Bake
- Cauliflower: If you are short on time, you can use pre-cut cauliflower.
- Oil: I like avocado oil for its neutral flavor and high smoke point.
- Seasonings: A blend of smoked paprika, salt, and pepper gives the perfect punch of flavor to low-carb loaded cauliflower. Garlic powder or onion powder would also be a good addition.
- Cheese: I used shredded cheddar cheese, but feel free to use what kind of cheese you prefer.
- Bacon: I like to cook a package of bacon on the weekend, so I have it ready to go for dishes like this.
- Chives: Because I grow chives, I always have them on hand. If you don’t have them and can’t find them, green onion is a good substitute.
Tips, Tricks, and Variations
- For a creamy addition, you can top each serving with a dollop of sour cream.
- When shopping for cauliflower, pick bright heads that are firm and free of any brown spots. They should feel heavy for their weight.
- To store cauliflower, wrap it in paper towels and cover it loosely with a plastic bag. This will keep them fresh for up to a week or more. If you will use it sooner, you can store the cauliflower in the packaging it came in.
- To mix things up, you can make this recipe with broccoli instead of cauliflower.
- Make this a low-carb keto sheet pan meal by adding shredded cooked chicken when you add the cheese. Heat until the cheese is melted and the chicken is warmed through.
This recipe makes a great side for meats and casserole dishes! Some great options to consider include:
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. I recommend tossing with the seasonings and then following the instructions on the package. Add the cheese and then bake until it melts.
It is important to note that frozen cauliflower will be much softer than fresh.
This recipe is best when served fresh, but if you wish to roast the cauliflower a few hours ahead of time, you can. I recommend waiting to add the cheese until just before serving.
Although you can find cauliflower in most grocery stores throughout the year, it is a cool-weather crop. It is best in fall and winter.
Store leftover keto cauliflower bake with bacon in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to two days. While it is likely safe to eat leftovers longer than this, they can tend to have an off-putting odor when stored for too long.
How to Make Keto Loaded Cauliflower
First, start by preheating your oven and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Put the cauliflower florets into a large bowl and toss with oil, salt, paprika, and pepper.
Roast the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet for 20 minutes and then top with the cheese.
Cook until the cheese melts and the cauliflower is fork-tender, about 5 minutes longer.
Top with the bacon and chives and serve immediately.
More Low Carb Side Dishes, Soups, and Snacks to Try
- Keto Bang Bang Cauliflower is a tasty side that never gets old!
- For all of the flavors of the traditional without all of the carbs, give this Keto Potato Salad a try! You won’t believe how well cauliflower stands in for the real things.
- Keto Cauliflower Soup is creamy, rich, and so satisfying!
- If you like dipping, you won’t want to miss this Cauliflower Hummus.
Keto Loaded Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and place in a large bowl. Toss with the oil, salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Add the cheese and cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a serving platter and top with bacon and chives.