Chicken Parmesan is one of my family's favorite meals, and this Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole has all the flavors in the confines of one easy to make dish. In just 10-minutes of prep time, you can have a delicious cheesy casserole that the whole family will love. This one is perfect for busy weeknights.
Chicken Parmesan has long been a favorite at my house. My teen boys love it so much that they often offer to make it when I am not in the mood.
Some days I am just not feeling like the work of breading chicken.
For those days when neither the boys nor I am feeling it, I created this easy Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole. It has all of the flavors of traditional Chicken Parm - plus the addition of ricotta cheese for a little extra creaminess - and is super easy to make.
I think you will agree - this one is a keeper!
Can This Recipe Be Made Ahead?
Yes, this recipe is great to make ahead. You can make it up to two days ahead of time and keep it covered in the refrigerator.
Let it come to room temperature before baking, or place the casserole dish in the oven when you turn it on and let it preheat with the oven. This will prevent the cold dish from cracking when it is placed in a hot oven.
Leftovers may be kept for up to four days.
- If you would like to have crispy breaded chicken in this casserole, you can use my Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe first.
- Pork rinds work as a crunchy topping in place of the mixture that I use. (I am not a fan of pork rinds but know many people like them - I haven't tested this.)
- The ricotta cheese is optional. Though it is a non-traditional addition to Chicken Parmesan, I like the creaminess that is imparted by it.
- If you are short on time you can use jarred marinara sauce. Rao's is my go-to brand.
All you need to make this a fabulous meal is a simple veggie side. A green salad is always a good option. Other great sides include Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan, Keto Asparagus, Italian Baked Zucchini, Keto Roasted Cauliflower, or Keto Brussels Sprouts.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn From Qualifying Sales
Tips and Tricks
- If you use jarred marinara rather than homemade, I recommend adding 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and ½ teaspoon garlic powder to it.
- If you make homemade marinara sauce and have some left over freeze it for next time. I like to use Souper Cubes so that I can have pre-measured portions.
How to Make Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole
First, combine the chicken, 1 cup of marinara, and the ricotta cheese in a large bowl.
Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish and spread the remaining ½ cup marinara over it. Top with parmesan and fresh mozzarella.
Combine the crumbly topping ingredients and sprinkle over the casserole.
Bake until golden brown.
Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 9 x 9 Casserole Dish
- 2 pounds cooked chicken diced
- 1 ½ cups keto marinara divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 5 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup of the marinara, and ricotta cheese.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and spread the remaining ½ cup of marinara over the chicken mixture. Top with the parmesan and fresh mozzarella cheese.
- In medium bowl, stir together the butter, parmesan, and almond flour. Sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden and bubbly. If desired, you can brown under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve.
wish the weights were metric slightly, confusing English weights a re different to American
and conversation is hard .
If you click on the metric button below the ingredients for this recipe it will convert it for you.
So easy to make and deliciously cheesy!
Thanks so much!
These are my favorite flavors! Looks amazing!
I prepared this dish tonight but didn't have ricotta cheese so I substituted cream cheese and as suggested, I broiled the dish for about 5 minutes. We loved it! Will definitely be making this again and it is so quick and easy. Filling, too!
I am so glad that you enjoyed it!
I made this recipe but cudnt find Keto Marinara so substited chunky salsa and chopped up fresh tomatoes. I cooked them for a bit to break up the fresh tomatoes and I ommited the almond flour because I didn't have it and it was great. Very delish!!!
Delicious!! I made it for my family (I'm the only one keto) and they loved it. I used half almond flour and half ground pork rinds (I had leftovers from another recipe). It was great!!
This was outstanding, thank you. We’ve made it several times and the whole family really enjoyed it. One of the few casseroles that the kids will eat too.
That makes me so happy. I am so glad the entire family liked it.