Keto Cranberry Sauce is sweet, tart, and satisfying all at once. Forget the canned stuff - it is loaded with sugar and can't hold a candle to the taste of homemade. One bite, and you will never go back! This recipe will wow the whole crowd.
No One Will Know this Cranberry Sauce is Sugar-Free!
I am sure that it is a rule somewhere that if you are doing a traditional holiday meal with turkey, you have to have cranberry sauce.
Traditional cranberry sauce is off-limits on a keto diet, thanks to all the sugar. But never fear - the whole crowd is going to LOVE this Keto Cranberry Sauce.
Made from real food ingredients, this sugar-free cranberry sauce is fruity and tart.
Your keto Thanksgiving and Christmas menus just got a little more delicious!
I love it when you can stay on track with your goals with zero sacrifice - such a beautiful thing.
- Cranberries: Fresh cranberries are excellent if you can find time, but frozen work as well. Do not use dried cranberries.
- Sweetener: Use your favorite keto-friendly sweetener. I prefer a powdered erythritol-based sweetener, but use what you like. Liquid stevia also works well here - just make sure you don't use so much that it gives an aftertaste.
- Seasonings: Cinnamon and salt add just the right amount of flavor. Ground cloves or ginger also made nice additions.
- Orange Extract: A little orange extract is optional but adds the flavor of orange juice without adding to the net carbs. If you prefer, you could use vanilla extract.
- Make it spicy by sautéing a seeded and diced jalapeno in the pan before you add the cranberries. (For extra spicy, leave the seeds in.)
- Use lime zest and juice in place of orange.
- Add a cinnamon stick to the mixture. Discard before adding the orange extract or oil.
- Feel free to adjust the sweetness to your liking.
Tips and Tricks
- This recipe can be made up to one week ahead of time and kept chilled in the refrigerator.
- Leftovers are great on a chaffle or keto-friendly toast.
- I used Swerve Confectioner, but you could use monk fruit, allulose or another keto-friendly sweetener if you desire.
Is Cranberry Sauce Keto Friendly?
Most cranberry sauce is loaded with sugar and not suited for a low-carb keto diet. This recipe is ideally suited to your keto diet.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Saucepan or Instant Pot
Store this recipe in the fridge for up to four days.
How to Make Homemade Cranberry Sauce Keto
First, place the cranberries, water, Swerve, cinnamon, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst, about 15 minutes. (I have found that it can take a little longer for frozen cranberries.)
Next, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes until the liquid has a syrup consistency. You can add more water to this healthy cranberry sauce to adjust the consistency.
Finally, remove from heat and add orange extract if desired. Garnish with orange zest and serve.
Instant Pot Keto Cranberry Sauce
Need your stove for other holiday recipes? Your Instant Pot will come to the rescue!
To make this in your Instant Pot, place the cranberries, water, Swerve, Cinnamon, and sauce in your instant pot.
Do not stir.
Set to high pressure and the time to 2 minutes. Pressure cook for 2 minutes and then allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Do an instant release. Stir, and enjoy!
Other Gluten-Free and Keto Holiday Recipes to Try
- Just say no to canned food! You are going to go wild for this Keto Green Bean Casserole. Made with fresh food, it is so much better than the original.
- Low Carb Cauliflower Mash is the perfect addition to your holiday table. You won't believe how much this recipe will remind you of mashed potatoes.
- Looking for an easy and delicious nibble that is perfect for serving guests while you are cooking? You will love these Keto Candied Pecans.
- Keto Brussels Sprouts are crispy on the outside and perfectly tender inside. The whole crowd will love this veggie side.
Keto Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen whole cranberries
- ⅓ cup water
- ¾ cup Swerve Confectioners or other keto-friendly sweetener more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon orange extract optional
- For Garnish: orange zest
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, water, Swerve, cinnamon, and salt over medium-high heat.
- Cook, occasionally stirring, until the cranberries burst, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 15 minutes, until the liquid has a syrupy consistency.
- Remove from heat and add orange oil or extract.
- Sprinkle with orange zest and serve.
- Place the cranberries, water, Swerve, cinnamon and salt in your Instant Pot. Do not stir.
- Cook at high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release.
- Garnish with orange zest if desired.