When looking for a quick, easy, and keto-friendly breakfast recipe, it doesn’t get any better. Packed with protein and flavor, these Keto Egg Bites are perfect for on-the-go mornings. Plus, they're versatile - you can customize them to your liking with different add-ins and seasonings.
These homemade egg bites are such a great breakfast option!
For one, the protein will keep you full and satisfied until lunchtime. And since they're so easy to make ahead of time, this recipe for egg bites is perfect for busy mornings when you don't have much time to cook.
Another great thing about low-carb egg bites is that they're incredibly versatile. You can customize them with different add-ins and seasonings to suit your taste.
So next time you're looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast recipe, give Keto Egg Bites a try! You won't be sorry.
Ingredients for Making Keto Egg Bites Recipe
- Spinach: I used baby spinach, but regular spinach will also work. Just make sure that you chop it well.
- Bacon: Make sure your bacon is sugar-free to keep this recipe keto-friendly.
- Cheese: I used shredded cheddar cheese, but you can use any type of cheese you like. Gruyere cheese is delicious here.
- Eggs: You will want to use large eggs.
- Cream: Use heavy cream, not half and half.
- Seasonings: Adjust the seasonings to your liking.
Tips & Tricks
- I don’t recommend using paper muffin cup liners with eggs because they stick badly.
- If you want to change the flavor, try adding different add-ins or seasonings to the recipe. Some great options include cheese, bacon, green onions, salsa, avocado, red bell pepper, cooked chicken, or pesto.
- For a sweet version of Keto Egg Bites, add some chopped fruit or a drizzle of sugar-free syrup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Did you know that Keto Egg Bites are not only delicious and nutritious but also low in carbs? That's right - each serving contains just .5 grams of net carbs. So if you're following a ketogenic diet or just trying to cut down on carbs, this recipe is for you.
Not only are Keto Egg Bites low in carbs, but they're also high in protein. Each bite contains 2 grams of protein, which makes them a perfect breakfast option.
Yes, egg bites can be eaten cold, and they are just as delicious! These little bites are packed with nutrition and will give you the energy you need to power through your day. If you're in a hurry and don't have time to heat them up, simply grab one or two from the fridge and enjoy.
Tools Needed to Make Egg Bites Keto
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
Egg Bites will last in the fridge for up to four days, making them a great meal prep option. Just store them in an airtight container and reheat them when you're ready to eat.
You can also freeze Keto Egg Bites for longer storage. Just place them in a freezer-safe bag or container, and they'll keep for up to six months.
When you're ready to eat, just thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat in the microwave.
And that's it! Bon appetit! Enjoy your delicious and nutritious Keto Egg Bites any time of day.
How to Make Keto Egg Bites
First, start by placing a baking dish with an inch of water in the bottom rack of the oven.
Position another rack in the center of the oven.
Preheat the oven to 300° F.
Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray or line it with silicone molds.
Divide the spinach, bacon, and cheese between the muffin cups.
Mix the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. (You can also combine them in a blender.)
Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups. You can transfer from a mixing bowl to a large liquid measuring cup with a spout for easier pouring.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the eggs are just set.
So there you have it - everything you need to know about making egg muffins.
Happy cooking! Give them a try and let us know how you like them in the comments below. And be sure to check out our other keto breakfast recipes while you're here.
More Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Keto Pumpkin Chia Pudding is a fun way to mix up your breakfast routine and is perfect for fall.
- When you want an easy breakfast that is perfect for the weekend, this Keto Breakfast Casserole is sure to satisfy you.
- These Keto Scrambled Eggs are creamy, delicious, and a fabulous way to fuel your morning.
- No need to miss biscuits on a keto diet! These Keto Biscuits are so good you won’t miss the “real thing.”
Keto Egg Bites
- ½ cup baby spinach chopped
- 3 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place a baking dish with 1 inch of water (about a cup of water) on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 300° F. Spray a mini muffin pan well with oil, or line it with silicone liners.
- Divide the spinach, bacon, and cheese between the prepared muffin tins.
- Whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Divide the mixture into the prepared mini-muffin pan.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes until the center of the egg is just set.