Everybody needs easy recipes that they can rely on when things get crazy, and this Keto Pesto Chicken is just that! Fresh and fragrant Pecan Pesto makes a ridiculously flavorful marinade. I like to double the recipe and skip the final addition of Parmesan and tomato so that I have chicken to make a Pesto Chicken Pizza then next night.
This Keto Pesto Chicken is Simple and Delicious!
I can barely remember the days when I was all about fancy and elaborate cooking. I spent hours pouring over recipes from my latest cooking magazines or cookbook acquisitions, and carefully planned out meals.
It didn't have to be a special occasion. Tuesday night was more than enough for me to drive to three specialty markets searching for the perfect ingredients and spend three hours preparing dinner.
Of course, this was before kids. (And before the internet was in a place that you could easily order said ingredients rather than spend hours in the car searching for them.)
These days, my cooking style most definitely leans towards relaxed and easy. Unless it is a special occasion, you won't find fussy meals on my dinner table. (And even then I try to keep things simple.)
With three kids, I don't have the luxury of spending hours planning and preparing a single meal. And truthfully even if I did most of the time there are other things I'd rather be doing. Like sleeping. Or reading a novel.
This Keto Pesto Chicken is just the kind of dish that I reach for time and again. With just a handful of fresh ingredients, it comes together in a flash.
I used my homemade Keto Pesto which I like to make on the weekends when I meal prep. But if you are short on time and haven't made it ahead, feel free to pick up prepared pesto at the grocery store.
Frequently Asked Questions
My favorite way to serve this is over zucchini noodles, but cauliflower rice is also fabulous. A simple Keto Asparagus also makes a fabulous side dish.
Leftovers are fabulous on a Pesto Pizza, or in a low-carb wrap. They are also fabulous on a salad. (Skip adding the tomato and Parmesan.)
Instant Pot Keto Pesto Chicken
Yes, you can make this recipe in your Instant Pot! It is super-simple and go good.
For best results and to avoid any potential burning, I recommend using the trivet insert and adding a cup of water to the bottom of the pot.
See below in the recipe card for full instructions.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
Keto Pesto Chicken
- Gather your ingredients.
- In a small dish, whisk together 1/3 cup pesto and avocado oil.
- Place chicken in a zip top bag or shallow dish and toss with pesto sauce mixture. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Heat ghee in a large oven safe skillet to medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 to 7 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Top chicken with the remaining pesto, tomato slices and Parmesan.
- Place under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- First, set your Instant Pot to high saute. When your pot says HOT, add the oil and chicken. Cook for 3 minutes per side, until browned.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Place the trivet and one cup of water in the bottom of the pot. Arrange the chicken in a single layer and top with the remaining pesto.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and set it to high manual pressure for 6 minutes.
- When the time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Carefully remove the lid and add the tomato and cheese. Return the lid to the pot and allow it to sit until the cheese melts, about 3 or 4 mintues.