Keto Pizza Casserole is a simple recipe that you can tackle any night of the week. With all the flavor of pizza in a casserole that takes less than 20 minutes of hands-on time, this is an easy way to put a meal on the table that even the kids will love.
Easy Cheesy Goodness!
Do you know what is better as a mom than knowing that you have a casserole in the fridge that is ready for dinner?
Having one that makes every member of your family happy, and has them asking for it again.
This recipe is dinner time perfection in my world. This recipe is one that even my picky six-year-old will eat without complaining. (And the teenagers love it too.)
Feel free to play with this one and add ingredients to suit your families taste. I've given you some suggestions for other topping ideas below.
How to Make Keto Pizza Casserole
1 First, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
2 Next, add the ground beef, sausage, Italian seasoning, and salt to the skillet. Cook until the ground beef and sausage are browned, breaking the meat up with the back of a spoon. While the meat is cooking, grate your cheeses, and measure out the marinara sauce and heavy cream.
3 After that, stir in the marinara, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Cook for 5 minutes, until the cream cheese melts and the mixture is heated through. Transfer to an 8 x 8 casserole dish. Top with the cheeses and pepperoni. Finally, bake for 25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Other Toppings You Can Add
- Black Olives
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Sauteed green pepper
- Sauteed spinach
- Roasted eggplant
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make this Keto Pizza Casserole Recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe up to 2 days ahead of time and keep it tightly covered in the refrigerator. Either bring the pan to room temperature before cooking or place the dish in a cold oven and allow the dish and oven to preheat together. (Putting a cold glass or ceramic container in a hot oven can cause it to crack.)
What do you serve with Ground Beef Keto Pizza Casserole?
My go-to with this would be a simple green salad - to me, the combo is a complete meal! If you want something more elaborate, here are a few other suggestions.
- This Keto Broccoli Salad is a fabulous addition to any meal, and leftovers are PERFECT for lunch the next day.
- Roasted Cauliflower is one of those side dishes that goes with just about everything.
- Make this Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice, and substitute fresh basil or parsley for the cilantro, and use lemon in place of lime.
- A simple dish of Keto Asparagus is fabulous here.
Can you freeze this recipe?
You can, but I recommend waiting to add the cheese and pepperoni just before cooking because cheese doesn't freeze well. Due to the cream cheese content, the texture may change a bit. I fully thaw in the refrigerator overnight and give it a good stir before adding the cheese.
Reheating Leftover Keto Crustless Pizza Casserole
You can reheat this in the microwave, but I like to reheat it in the oven covered with foil. In my experience, it takes about 15 minutes at 325 degrees.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn From Qualifying Sales
Make it Easier
- Use jarred marinara instead of making your own. My go-to keto-friendly brand is Rao's. You can find it at most grocery stores.
- Buy pre-shredded cheeses. (Just be aware that this can add some carbs, so make sure you read the labels.)
- Buy pre-chopped onions.
Keto Pizza Casserole
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 12 ounces Italian sausage casings removed and crumbled or chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups Keto Marinara or Rao’s
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- 2 ounces Parmesan grated
- 4 ounces pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add ground beef, sausage, Italian seasoning, and salt to the skillet. Cook until the ground beef and sausage are browned, breaking the meat up with the back of a spoon as you cook.
- Stir in marinara, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the cream cheese melts and the mixture heats through.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8 x 8 casserole dish. Top with mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan, and pepperoni.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.