This Low Carb Broccoli Salad makes adding a bit of green to your diet an appealing proposition. With crisp-tender broccoli, pumpkin seeds, bacon, cheddar cheese, and red onion topped off with a tangy dressing, you've got a deliciously crave-worthy salad. This recipe keeps for up to four days in the refrigerator making it perfect for meal prep. This recipe will make you ridiculously welcome for your next barbecue.
You Are Going To Love This Keto Broccoli Salad
Anyone who knows me well knows that I have an unusual love for vegetables.
It would be hard for me to pick a favorite, but I'd have to say that broccoli is most definitely in my top five, right up there with Brussels sprouts.
I love it roasted, steamed and sauteed, but one of the ways that I enjoy it the most is in a salad.
This Low Carb Broccoli Salad is just the kind of side dish I love. It holds well in the fridge, which means it works for meal prep. I love the texture from the crisp-tender broccoli, bacon, and pumpkin seeds balanced cheese and a touch of red onion.
If you can find (or make) them, spicy pumpkin seeds are fabulous in this. I make them almost every week because they are a great source of fiber, but I've bought them seasoned in the past.
Variations for this Recipe
- Almonds, walnuts, or sunflower seeds make a great alternative to pumpkin seeds.
- Red wine vinegar can be substituted for the apple cider vinegar.
- If you prefer, you can roast the broccoli. To do this, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 420 degrees. Toss broccoli with olive oil and spread on the baking sheet. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, until the florets are slightly charred.
- I like using shredded cheese, but diced cheese can be used as well.
Is Broccoli Low Carb?
Yes! A full cup of broccoli has just 31 calories and 6 grams of carbs. With 2.4 grams of fiber, the net carbs in a full cup is only 3.6 grams.
How Many Carbs are In Keto Broccoli Salad?
Every recipe will vary. This recipe has just over 3 net carbs per serving.
Can You Make Low Carb Broccoli Salad Ahead of Time?
Yes! This recipe holds very well stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator and is a great for meal prep. It will keep for three to four days. The only noticeable difference is that the broccoli does get softer as you store it.
Make it Easier
To make this recipe easier, buy pre-chopped onion and broccoli and pre-cooked bacon.
When buying whole broccoli, look at the cut ends of the stalks. They should be fresh and not beginning to brown. The florets should be a vibrant green, with no patches of yellow or brown.
Broccoli should be stored in an open plastic bag in the crisper drawer. Do not rinse until just before using it.
Reviving Limp Broccoli
If your broccoli is just starting to get limp, trim the end of the stalk and stand upright in a glass with about 2 inches of water in the refrigerator.
You May Also Like:
- Low Carb Cauliflower Mash is an easy to make side that is a great stand in for mashed potatoes.
- Looking for an easy to make and delicious lunch? This Keto Taco Salad fits the bill.
- This Low Carb Cobb Salad is decadent as far as salads go and never fails to satisfy.
Low Carb Broccoli Salad
- 1 pound broccoli
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- 8 ounces bacon cooked according to package directions
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Swerve or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut the broccoli into florets.
- Fill a large pot with 3 inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain and immediately immerse in a bowl of ice water. Drain.
- Place the broccoli in a large bowl. Add chopped onion, grated cheese, bacon, and pumpkin seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, Swerve and minced garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the mayonnaise to the bowl with the broccoli mixture, and stir to mix well.
- Refrigerate fo 30 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.