Keto Broccoli Salad makes adding a bit of green to your diet an appealing proposition. With crisp-tender broccoli, pumpkin seeds, bacon, cheddar cheese, and red onion topped off with a tangy salad dressing, you've got a deliciously crave-worthy salad. This recipe keeps for up to four days in the refrigerator, making it perfect for meal prep.
This Keto Broccoli Bacon Salad is just the kind of side dish I love. It holds well in the fridge, which means it works for meal prep. I love the texture of the crisp-tender broccoli, bacon, and pumpkin seeds, balanced with cheese and a touch of red onion.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualified sales.
If you can find (or make) them, spicy pumpkin seeds are fabulous in this. I make them almost every week because they are a great source of fiber, but I will buy them if I know I will be pressed for time.
Ingredients for Making Low Carb Broccoli Salad
- Broccoli: I recommend using raw broccoli rather than frozen for a crisp-tender texture.
- Onion: The mildness of red onion works beautifully here. Shallots may be substituted if you like.
- Cheese: Feel free to play with the cheese selection - swiss or mozzarella cheese would work well in place of the cheddar.
- Bacon: Pork, beef, or turkey bacon may be used. Nutritional information is based on pork bacon.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Chopped pecans may be substituted.
- Mayonnaise: If you prefer, you can use ¼ cup mayonnaise and ¼ cup sour cream.
- Vinegar: I used apple cider vinegar, but red wine vinegar is keto-friendly and also a great option for this keto broccoli salad recipe.
- Mustard: Dijon mustard or grainy brown mustard are both good options.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is best.
- Sweetener: I used Swerve confectioners. You can keep this broccoli salad keto by using any keto-friendly sweetener.
- Garlic: If you don't have fresh garlic, you can substitute ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Seasoning: Adjust the salt and pepper to your personal preference.
- Almonds, walnuts, or sunflower seeds make a great alternative to pumpkin seeds, and all add a nice crunch to broccoli salad with bacon.
- Red wine vinegar can be substituted for apple cider vinegar.
- If you prefer, you can roast the broccoli. To do this, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 420 degrees. Toss broccoli with olive oil and spread on the baking sheet. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes until the florets are slightly charred.
- I like using shredded cheese, but diced cheese can be used as well.
Tips & Tricks
- To make this recipe easier, buy pre-chopped onion and broccoli, and pre-cooked bacon. (Just make sure you read the label on the bacon!)
- When buying whole broccoli, look at the cut ends of the stalks. They should be fresh and not beginning to brown. The florets should be a vibrant green, with no patches of yellow or brown.
- Broccoli should be stored in an open plastic bag in the crisper drawer. Do not rinse until just before using it.
- If your broccoli is just starting to get limp, trim the end of the stalk and stand upright in a glass with about 2 inches of water in the refrigerator
What Do You Serve with Broccoli Keto Salad?
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! A full cup of broccoli has just 31 calories and 6 grams of carbs. With 2.4 grams of fiber, the net carbs in a full cup is only 3.6 grams.
Every recipe will vary. This recipe has just over 3 net carbs per serving.
Yes! This recipe holds very well stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator and is a great for meal prep. It will keep for three to four days. The only noticeable difference is that the broccoli does get softer as you store it.
How to Make Keto Broccoli Salad
First, cut the broccoli into florets.
Bring a pot of water to a boil and place the chopped broccoli in it. Cook for three minutes and then drain and immediately immerse the broccoli in a bowl of ice water.
Drain and transfer the broccoli to a bowl.
Add the onion cheese, bacon, and pumpkin seeds to the bowl.
In a separate bowl, make the dressing by combining the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, Swerve, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss the broccoli salad with the dressing and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
More Keto Diet Recipes
- Low Carb Cauliflower Mash is an easy to make side that is a great stand in for mashed potatoes.
- Looking for an easy to make and delicious lunch? This Keto Taco Salad fits the bill.
- This Low Carb Cobb Salad is decadent as far as salads go and never fails to satisfy.
- Looking for a salad that is light but filling? You can't go wrong with this Keto Greek Salad.
Keto Broccoli Salad
- 1 pound broccoli
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- 8 ounces bacon cooked according to package directions
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Swerve or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut the broccoli into florets.
- Fill a large pot with 3 inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain and immediately immerse in a bowl of ice water. Drain.
- Place the broccoli in a large bowl. Add chopped onion, grated cheese, bacon, and pumpkin seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, Swerve and minced garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the mayonnaise to the bowl with the broccoli mixture, and stir to mix well.
- Refrigerate fo 30 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Other Keto Salad Recipes
- Egg Salad is easy to make and so filling! Great for lunches.
- Tuna Salad is an easy and filling classic that never gets old.
Make this and was great! I used the red wine vinegar instead.
How much is a serving? A cup?
So glad that you enjoyed it! The recipe makes 10 servings.