Keto Strawberry Shortcake Chaffles are rich and satisfying. This dreamy treat conjures up memories of childhood when my mother would splurge on little cakes from the grocery store and top them with strawberries and whipped cream. This keto version not only tastes better, it will leave you feeling great. The homemade whipped cream adds the perfect touch of sweetness and brings it all together.
Keto Strawberry Shortcake Chaffles are a Worthy Splurge!
Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve had a soft spot for fruit desserts.
Don’t get me wrong – I love all things chocolate. I mean, how can you not. But fruit desserts are right up there with a delicious chocolate dessert in my book.
I have vivid memories of my parents taking us to pick strawberries. I remember it being hot, and I remember a lot of laughter. But mostly, I remember looking forward to dessert when we got home.
My mom was never one to make a big fuss, and so she had stocked up on a little pack of cakes that were intended to be used to make strawberry shortcakes. There was cool whip waiting, too – which was a rare treat.
In my eight-year-old mind, it was perfection. (Even if I was sporting a sunburn.)
These Keto Strawberry Shortcake Chaffles are sheer bliss! While a chaffle will never reach the same texture as a spongy taste, the flavors are spot-on. Honestly, I didn’t miss a thing. I think you will agree; this is a worthy indulgence.
Have Chaffle Questions?
Make sure you check out this post on How to Make Keto Chaffles! It offers a comprehensive overview of everything you need to make chaffles.
How to Make Keto Strawberry Shortcake Chaffles
1 Start by making the whipped cream. To do this, combine the heavy cream, mascarpone, Swerve, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2 Next, preheat your waffle iron. Stir to gather egg, mozzarella, almond flour Swerve, vanilla extract, and baking powder in a bowl. Divide the mixture into thirds and cook 1/3 of the mixture at a time. Repeat.
3 Place the chaffles on serving plates. Spread a layer of the whipped cream over each chaffle and top with strawberries. Dust with Swerve confectioners if desired.
More Chaffle Recipes to Try:
- This Keto Reuben Sandwich is one of my all-time favorite recipes! It is filling and oh-so-satisfying!
- Start your day happy with these Blueberry Chaffles! They will leave your tastebuds doing a happy dance!
- If you love peanut butter, you won’t want to miss these Peanut Butter Chaffles.
- I am wild about Avocado Toast and I think you will agree that this Keto Avocado Toast made with a chaffle is every bit as good as the “real thing”.
- I am a big fan of mascarpone cheese in the whipped cream, but feel free to omit it if you like.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract to the whipped cream for an extra layer of flavor.
- You can use 2 ounces of softened cream cheese in place of the mozzarella.
Strawberry Shortcake Chaffle Recipe
Fruit isn’t an everyday happening occurrence on a keto diet, but I think you will agree that this Strawberry Shortcake Chaffle is a worthy indulgence. The homemade whipped cream is the star of the show here! My boys, dessert connoisseurs, declared it the best whipped cream they had ever had.
Strawberry Shortcake Chaffles
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Swerve confectioners
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 strawberries sliced
- For serving: Swerve confectioners
- Make the cream by combining the heavy cream, mascarpone, Swerve, and vanilla in a bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat your waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, stir together egg, mozzarella, almond flour, Swerve, vanilla extract and baking powder.
- Divide the mixture into thirds and spread one third of the mixture on your waffle iron.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes. (Cooking time will vary depending on the waffle iron you are using.)
- Place the chaffles on serving plates.
- Spread a layer of cream over each chaffle.
- Top with strawberries.
- Dust with Swerve confectioners if desired.