When your vegetable game gets a bit dull, these BBQ Cauliflower Wings make a welcome change. Crispy cauliflower in a sweet and tangy sauce delivers serious flavors that always delight. Don’t forget the dipping sauce. Both ranch and blue cheese dressing are lovely here.
BBQ Cauliflower Wings are the Perfect Kid-Friendly Side!
Like many moms, I have struggled through the years to get my kids to embrace their vegetables.
When they were really small, I frequently gave up, but in recent years I’ve switched strategies. These days, I work hard to get creative so that not only will they eat veggies, but they will look forward to them.
These BBQ Cauliflower Bites are the perfect example. This is the kind of recipe that everyone – kids and adults, vegetarians, and carnivores – can et excited about.
Do Cauliflower Wings Taste Like Chicken?
Nope, and if you are expecting chicken, you will be disappointed. If you are in the mood for BBQ Chicken, make that.
If you are looking for a fun vegetable side or appetizer that is sauced in the way that wings are, this recipe is for you.
How Do You Cut Cauliflower For “Wings”?
You want to keep your pieces medium-sized and have all of them relatively similar. Resist the urge to go too large.
Though it will make the breading process go faster, it will also result in wings that are crispy on the outside and not cooked on the inside.
Cauliflower that is cut too small will be hard to bread, and the inside will turn to mush before the outside is crispy.
Keeping Them Crispy
- To keep these bites crispy, plan on cooking them just before serving. This is when they will be their best!
- Avoid overcrowding as this can get in the way of browning.
- For the best result, use an air fryer.
- If you are using an air fryer and have issues with the breading coming off, you can use an air fryer liner. Every fryer is different if you are new to air fryer cooking you may need to experiment and see if this is necessary for your model.
What Dips Do You Serve with BBQ Cauliflower Bites?
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
I recommend breading the cauliflower up to one day ahead of cooking. For best results, wait until just before serving to cook.
While this recipe is best served fresh, I eat and enjoy leftovers all the time. They will keep for about 2 days in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Reheat them in the same manner that you originally cooked them.
What Do You Serve with BBQ Cauliflower Bites?
- This Air Fryer Chicken is so moist and flavorful! This is an easy recipe that never gets old.
- Keto Steak Marinade is a great way to elevate your steak night and these BBQ Cauliflower Bites make the perfect side!
- Go all all with the Barbecue theme and serve this recipe with Keto BBQ Chicken.
BBQ Cauliflower Wings
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup Keto BBQ Sauce divided
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees or your oven to 420 degrees. Core the cauliflower and cut into large florets. Beat the eggs in a small shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, Parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Dip the cauliflower in the egg and then coat in the almond flour mixture pressing firmly with your hands to help the coating stick.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet until you are ready to cook. Spray the bottom of your air fryer or parchment-lined baking sheet with cooking spray. Add the cauliflower in a single layer, cooking in batches as needed.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Cook for 6 minutes. Flip and respray. Cook for 6 minutes longer. Brush with the BBQ sauce and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Flip and respray. Cook for another 10 minutes. Brush with the BBQ sauce and cook for 7 minutes more. Serve with remaining BBQ Sauce to dip or drizzle.