Shake up your dinnertime routine with these easy and delicious keto air fryer green beans. Get ready to indulge in the crisp texture and fresh taste of green beans cooked to perfection in your air fryer. All you need is a few ingredients and a few minutes of time, and you'll have a perfectly flavorful side that's sure to be a hit. So don't wait any longer - fire up that air fryer and get cooking!
Have you ever wanted to enjoy the crisp texture and fresh taste of green beans without a lot of effort? Look no further - this simple keto air fryer green beans recipe is the answer!
As someone who loves using my air fryer for side dishes, I can tell you that nothing beats the convenience and deliciousness of air-fried veggies.
Making roasted green beans in the air fryer is so easy!
If you're on a low-carb or keto diet, this recipe is perfect as it's a quick and easy way to add something tasty to your meal. (By the way, if you are looking for more low-carb air fryer inspiration, don't miss my third cookbook: The Ultimate Keto Air Fryer Cookbook.)
So why should you try out this recipe? For starters, it's incredibly delicious and adds amazing flavor to any meal. And with all its benefits, including high fiber content and essential vitamins, what's not to love? So don't wait any longer - fire up that air fryer and get cooking!
- Green Beans: You can save time by using 12 ounces of pre-trimmed green beans if you like.
- Olive Oil: No need to pull out the good stuff! Regular olive oil, avocado oil, or your favorite keto-friendly oil works well here.
- Lemon Juice: Make sure to use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the most flavorful dish.
- Sea Salt: You can adjust the seasonings to your personal preference.
- Black Pepper: Freshly ground black pepper gives the dish an extra kick.
- Parmesan Cheese: Grated parmesan cheese adds a nice salty finish. I recommend grating your own cheese because pre-grated cheese has additives. (And in my experience, it doesn't taste nearly as good!)
Step by Step
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
First, start by prepping the green beans. Rinse and trim off any ends as needed. Place them in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour this mixture over the green beans, and toss until everything is evenly coated.
Next, preheat your air fryer to 375° F.
Arrange the green beans in a single layer in the air fryer basket, working in batches as necessary. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
Finally, add the parmesan and cook for another 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Make sure to trim off the ends of your green beans before air frying them - this will help them cook evenly and avoid them being too stringy.
- When you're done cooking, serve immediately so that your green beans stay nice and crispy!
- Don't forget to cook in batches if you need to. If you crowd your air fryer, you won't get the same results. (If you have an air fryer oven, you should be able to cook this recipe in a single batch and still get crispy green beans.)
- You can also add other spices to customize this dish - try some garlic powder, red pepper flakes, chili powder or Italian herb blend for a tasty twist for your string beans.
Air fried green beans are a simple side that works with so many different proteins - from steak to seafood.
Are green beans Keto friendly?
Yes, green beans are keto friendly! They are low in carbs and high in fiber, making them an excellent choice for people following a keto diet. Also, green beans are packed with vitamins and minerals, providing important nutrients that can help support overall wellness.
How many carbs are in a cup of cooked green beans?
A cup of cooked green beans contains 7.3 grams of carbs, but only 4.6 grams of net carbs, making them an ideal choice for those on a low-carb or keto diet. Additionally, they are packed with fiber (2.7 grams) and provide essential vitamins and minerals like folate, potassium, and vitamin A.
Can I use frozen green beans?
You can use this recipe to make frozen green beans in your air fryer if you don’t have fresh green beans. I recommend thawing them and then using paper towels to remove any excess moisture you can.
You may need to adjust the cooking time, so keep a close eye on them and adjust as needed!
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Air Fryer
- Mixing bowls
Store leftover green beans in a sealed container in the fridge for up to three days. You can reheat them in the air fryer or microwave, or you can bake them in the oven.
More Keto Air Fryer Recipes
- Wings are great on a keto diet, and you can make them right at home with these keto air fryer chicken wings. Toss them in your favorite wings sauce and watch them disappear.
- Keto and kid-friendly? Yes, please! These keto air fryer chicken tenders are always a hit at my house.
- For more side dish inspiration, these keto Brussels sprouts are fabulous!
- Family friendly proteins don’t get any better than these air fryer chicken thighs.
Keto Air Fryer Green Beans
- 12 ounces green beans trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Place the green beans in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the oliv oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the oil mixture over the green beans and toss to coat.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375° F.
- Arrange the green beans in a single layer in your air fryer basket, working in batches as necessary.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Add the parmesan, and cook for another 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.