There is nothing like a juicy, buttery, juicy steak to elevate a special occasion. Air Fryer Filet Mignon is simple and quick to prepare yet delivers a luxurious meal that will please the most discerning guests. This one is something to swoon over!
Air Fryer Filet Mignon is the perfect steak for any occasion.
It is quick, easy, and delicious.
The filet mignon is a lean cut of steak that is a crowd favorite, and filet mignon recipes don’t get any more foolproof than this.
Beef tenderloin becomes even more tender and juicy when cooked in an air fryer. This recipe is perfect for a date night or any celebration.
Ingredients for Making Filet in an Air Fryer
- Butter: I recommend using unsalted butter to make the herb butter to better control the levels of salt.
- Garlic: A freshly minced garlic clove is best, but you could use garlic powder if you like.
- Rosemary: Finely chop fresh rosemary, being careful to not have any large pieces.
- Salt and pepper: Season steaks to your liking.
- Cayenne pepper: This adds a subtle hint of heat, but can be left of if you like. Crushed red pepper flakes are also a great option. Want a pop of flavor without the heat? Smoked paprika is a great option.
- Filet Mignon Steaks: Choose the best quality beef that you can - it will make a difference in the final taste.
Feel free to play with this recipe and make it your own! Skip the seasonings I suggest, and add your favorite steak seasoning. Or add blue cheese to the butter.
For an extra special treat, wrap the steak with slices of bacon and secure them with a toothpick before cooking!
This filet mignon air fryer recipe is an elegant meal that goes with so many different sides.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to cooking filet mignon in an air fryer.
First of all, the thickness and size of the air fryer steak will impact the cooking time.
A 1-inch steak will take about 6 to 8 minutes to cook through, while a 1.5-inch steak will take closer to 8 to 10 minutes.
Secondly, you'll want to make sure that your air fryer is preheated before adding the steak. This will help to ensure that the steak cooks evenly.
Finally, be sure to use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak before removing it from the air fryer. This will ensure that your steak is perfectly cooked to your liking.
Yes! One way to ensure that your steak is cooked to perfection and is well browned is to use an air fryer.
Air fryers cook food by circulating hot air around it, resulting in evenly cooked food that is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
Air fried steak has a crispy brown exterior that mimics a sear, without needing to heat up a hot skillet.
There are a few schools of thought on this matter. Some people believe that searing helps to lock in flavor and moisture.
Others argue that it isn't necessary since air fryers cook food so quickly and browns so well that any benefits of searing would be negated.
Ultimately, the decision comes down to personal preference.
If you want to sear your steak before air frying it, go for it. But if you're short on time or don't want to dirty another pan, feel free to skip this step. The air fryer will still do a great job of cooking your steak to perfection.
Yes, use the air crisp function to make this recipe in your Foodi Grill.
Tools Needed to Make Air Fryer Filet
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for three to four days. They are good served on a steak salad, or you can reheat them in your air fryer.
How to Make Filet Mignon in an Air Fryer
First, start by making your compound butter.
In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Form into a small log on parchment paper. Wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Pat the steak dry with paper towels.
Season the steaks with salt and pepper and allow to temper at room temperature for one hour.
Preheat your air fryer to 400° F.
Add the steaks to your air fryer basket and cook for 4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, until the internal temperature is 130° F for medium rare.
Please note that the time necessary to cook air fryer steak recipes will depend on the size of the steak and your desired temperature. (Obviously a medium well steak will take considerably longer than a rare steak.)
Slice the garlic herb butter and place the desired amount on top of the steaks.
Tent with foil and let rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- These keto chicken nuggets are the perfect lunch or dinner option when you’re craving something crispy and delicious. They’re easy to make and packed with flavor, thanks to a combo of almond flour, Parmesan cheese, and spices.
- Looking for an easy and delicious dish to make for dinner? Try air fryer short ribs! This dish is simple to prepare and will definitely satisfy your taste buds. Plus, it's a great way to cook up some tender and juicy ribs.
- Looking for a delicious and healthy dinner option? Check out these air fryer chicken thighs! They are cooked to perfection with minimal effort required.
- Move over unhealthy tortilla chips, there’s a new sheriff in town! These keto tortilla chips are air fried and so crispy. Serve them with your favorite dip for a guilt-free snack time!
Air Fryer Filet Mignon Recipe
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces filet mignon steaks
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Make the butter by combining the butter, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Stir to combine. Place on parchment paper and from a small log. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Season the steaks and allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° F.
- Add the steaks, and cook for 4 minutes. Flip and cook another 3 to 4 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 130 ° F for medium-rare.
- (Please note that the actual cook time will depend on the size and thickness of your steaks and desired internal temperature.)
- Slice the butter.
- Place the butter on top of the steak and tent it with foil.
- Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.