Get ready to enjoy the flavors of garlic, parmesan cheese, and seasonings all combined together for a tasty dish! This easy keto air fryer cauliflower recipe is the perfect easy side. With minimal ingredients and simple instructions, it's a breeze to prepare. Enjoy the crunchy goodness of this air fried cauliflower tonight for an irresistible dinner!
I have always loved roasted cauliflower. The subtle sweetness and rich flavor that roasting brings out means that little else is needed to make a delicious side dish.
While roasting is a great way to bring out the flavor in cauliflower, sometimes I want an easy side that doesn’t require me to turn on the oven. This air fryer roasted cauliflower is the perfect solution.
With air frying, you can get all of the same flavors of roasting without heating up the kitchen.
Air frying is an easy and convenient way to make delicious meals with minimal effort. Try this Air Fried Cauliflower recipe tonight and experience the flavors of roasted cauliflower that you are sure to love!
- Cauliflower: You will need roughly 12 ounces of cauliflower. This is roughly one small, or ½ a large head. There is no need to be exact for the recipe, but if you are closely tracking macros, make sure you weigh the amount you are cooking and adjust the nutritional info accordingly.
- Oil: Avocado oil is my go-to for keto cooking, but you could use olive oil instead. Either olive oil or avocado oil works well for the topping. You could also use melted butter for topping.
- Seasonings: Taste and adjust the amount of salt and pepper to your liking. Feel free to adjust the spices. Paprika is a great addition.
- Parmesan: Use freshly grated parmesan cheese for the topping. I don't recommend using the kind you get in a can.
- Garlic: Fresh minced garlic is best, but you can also use pre-minced from a jar. Frozen garlic is also a great time-saving option. Garlic powder could be used if you prefer - I recommend ½ teaspoon.
- Lemon zest: Fresh lemon zest adds an amazing flavor to this dish! If you don’t have any lemons on hand, feel free to omit this ingredient.
- Garnish: Fresh parsley is a great addition for garnish, but chives or scallions would also work well.
How to Prep Your Cauliflower
Start by removing any leaves from your cauliflower head. Using a paring knife, cut off the core of the cauliflower and discard.
Now separate the florets from the inner stem. Depending on your desired size, you can either leave larger florets as is or cut them into smaller pieces.
I recommend medium-sized pieces for this recipe - if you go larger or smaller you may need to adjust the cooking time.
Step by Step
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
First, start by tossing your cauliflower florets in a large bowl with avocado oil, salt, and pepper.
Preheat your air fryer to 400° F and arrange the cauliflower into a single layer. Cook for 6 minutes, then toss and cook for another 6 minutes.
While the cauliflower is cooking you can whisk together the oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, and lemon zest in a small bowl.
When the cauliflower is done cooking, transfer it to a serving platter and drizzle with the parmesan oil. Sprinkle with parsley or your preferred garnish and serve warm.
Tips and Variations
- For a fun twist, omit the cheese and use toasted pine nuts instead. Substitute the lemon zest for lime zest.
- When shopping for cauliflower, make sure to look for heads that are tightly packed with firm florets and no discoloration. Avoid any cauliflower heads with yellowed or wilted leaves. Fresh and crisp is the way to go for optimal flavor in your air-fried dishes!
- Cut cauliflower can be kept in a plastic bag in your crisper drawer for up to four days. So you can prep the cauliflower on the weekend for an easy side during the week.
- Remember that air fryers vary in their strength, so you you may need to adjust the cooking time. In general, a basket style air fryer cooks a little more quickly than an oven-style fryer.
Is cooked cauliflower Keto friendly?
Yes! Cauliflower is a great Keto-friendly vegetable. One cup of cooked cauliflower has about 5 grams of net carbs, making it an excellent choice for low-carb diets.
Can I use frozen cauliflower?
Yes you can! Just make sure to thaw it completely before air frying and make sure there is no excess moisture on the florets. Frozen cauliflower may require a few extra minutes of cooking time and won't get as crispy.
Can I make this without an air fryer?
Yes, you can still enjoy this keto-friendly side dish even if you don’t have an air fryer. Preheat your oven to 400° F and spread the cauliflower florets on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
Roast for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and fork tender, tossing halfway through. Drizzle with the parmesan oil before serving.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Air fryer
- Large bowl
- Paring knife
More Keto Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- Enjoy this delicious air fryer chicken thighs recipe! This dish is made with just a few simple ingredients and it's sure to become one of your favorite weeknight dinners.
- Get ready for a delicious dinner with these keto air fryer chicken wings! These wings are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. They are low in carbs, high in fat, and packed with flavor.
- Savory and juicy air fryer short ribs are sure to be a hit for your next dinner! This dish is perfect for any special occasion or family gathering. (But easy enough for a weeknight.)
- Delicious and crispy keto air fryer chicken tenders are the perfect way to enjoy a satisfying low-carb meal.
Keto Air Fryer Cauliflower
- 12 ounces cauliflower florets about 1 small or ½ large head
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- For topping
- ¼ cup avocado or olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl, toss together the cauliflower, avocado oil, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400° F. Arrange the cauliflower in your air fryer in a single layer and cook for 6 minutes. Toss and cook for another 6 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, whisk together the oil, parmesan, garlic, and lemon zest.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a serving platter and drizzle with the parmesan oil. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.