Get ready for an amazing meal with this easy-to-follow recipe for Keto Air Fryer Salmon! In just a few simple steps, you can create a flavorful dish that's sure to please. With seven simple ingredients, you'll have a delicious dinner or lunch in no time. All it takes is a few minutes of prep time to make this easy dish. Follow along, and I'll teach you how!
Air fryer salmon on keto is a fabulous weeknight meal.
It is quick to thaw out, quick to marinate, and quick to cook. All you need to do is combine the ingredients for the marinade, place your salmon in a shallow dish, and pour the marinade overtop.
Let is sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes to let the flavor develop.
From there, let your air fryer work its magic. (No need to turn on the oven!)
In about 10 minutes, give or take, you will have a perfectly cooked filet of salmon. With only seven ingredients, it is so simple to make and delicious too!
- Salmon Fillets: You can use filelts with or without skin.
- Oil: I like avocado oil for cooking, but you can use any kind of keto-friendly oil that has a high smoke point. Olive oil is fine, but I don't recommend extra virgin olive oil for cooking at higher temperatures.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed or bottled works equally well.
- Salt: Adjust the amount of salt to your personal preference.
- Dill and Oregano: You can use either fresh or dried herbs. Feel free to mix up the seasonings: garlic powder and paprika are great options.
- Black Pepper: Freshly ground black pepper is always best, but pre-ground pepper will work too.
- Lemon Slices (for serving): To garnish the finished dish and add an extra pop of freshness and acidity.
Step by Step
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
First, start by placing your salmon filets in a shallow dish.
In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, salt, dill, oregano and black pepper.
Pour this mixture over the salmon and allow to sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
Once your air fryer is preheated to 400° F (204° C), arrange the salmon in a single layer. Air fry salmon for 7-10 minutes, or until it is cooked to your desired doneness.
To serve, garnish with fresh lemon slices. Enjoy!
- Unlike beef, you don't want to marinate salmon for extended periods, like overnight. This can cause it to become too soft and mushy.
- If you'd like to get a crispy skin on the salmon, press down lightly with a spatula before cooking. This will help remove excess moisture from the fish and give you a nice crunchy texture.
- Be sure not to overcrowd your air fryer basket - this can cause uneven cooking. Make sure there is plenty of space between the filets. The air fryer works best when the salmon is cooked in a single layer and not stacked on top of each other. You may need to cook in batches.
- Finish the dish with melted butter (garlic butter is great) and lemon wedges if you like.
Is an air fryer good for keto?
Yes, air fryers are perfect for keto. Air frying is a good alternative to deep frying and it allows you to make delicious dishes like this one with minimal effort and still achieve great results.
How long should you cook salmon in the air fryer?
It depends on the thickness of your filets, but generally speaking you want to cook salmon in the air fryer for 7-10 minutes at 400° F (204° C). Check the fish occasionally and remove it when it is cooked through to your desired doneness. And instant read thermometer is a great way to make sure your salmon filets are cook to your preferred temperature.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Air Fryer
- Shallow dish for marinating
- Small bowl
- Instant-read meat thermometer (optional)
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
More Keto Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- When you need a meal you know the whole family will enjoy, these keto air fryer chicken tenders are perfect. Serve them with ranch dressing for a simple main course they will ask for again and again.
- Make this air fryer whole chicken once, and it will become a regular on your dinnertime rotation.
- Simple sides don’t get any better than keto Brussels sprouts.
- No need to miss crispy wings on a low-carb diet! Make these keto air fryer chicken wings and be prepared for happy smiles all around.
Keto Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- 4 4 oz salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- For serving: lemon slices
- Place the salmon filets in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado oil, lemon juice, salt, dill, oregano, and fresh ground black pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the salmon and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 ° F.
- Arrange the salmon in a single layer and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, to desired doneness.
- Serve with lemon slices.