I love anything crispy, and these Keto Zucchini Fries are a particular favorite! They make the perfect low-carb alternative to french fries and are one of the best ways to get kids to eat their vegetables that I know. Serve them with Keto Ranch Dressing, Blue Cheese Dressing, Garlic Aioli, or Keto Bang Bang Sauce for the perfect dipping experience.
If you love appetizers and side dishes that leave you doing a little happy dance, you are going to go wild for these keto zucchini fries.
How do you make a zucchini fries recipe keto? The trick is in the breading!
With an easy-to-make breading made of almond flour “breadcrumbs” and grated parmesan cheese, you have a dish that is perfect for dipping. Not only is it great for your keto diet, but it is also gluten-free.
Ingredients for Making Zucchini Fries Keto
- Zucchini: You want roughly a pound of zucchini. This is typically two large or three small but can vary based on density and size.
- Almond Flour: Finely ground is best. I don’t recommend using almond meal.
- Parmesan: Use finely grated parmesan from the refrigerator section or buy a block and grate your own.
- Italian Seasoning: Optional, but adds a nice flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: Adjust the amount of salt and pepper to your liking.
- Eggs: I used large eggs, but whatever you have on hand will work.
- Avocado Oil: This is best for high-heat cooking.
Tips & Tricks
- Feel free to play with the seasonings. Garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika are all excellent additions.
- If you have leftovers, try reheating them and using them as “croutons” on a salad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Zucchini fries resemble french fries in that they are long and thin. They are made of zucchini rather than potatoes and are often breaded for a crisper texture.
Keto fried zucchini is best when made just before serving. This will give you the best texture. If you have leftovers, they can be reheated in the oven or air fryer, but don’t expect them to be quite as crispy.
Tools Needed to Make Keto Fried Zucchini
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Air fryer or Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper or Air Fryer Liner (optional)
- Shallow bowls or Breading Trays
- Sharp Knife
While these zucchini fries are best when they are fresh, they may be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Reheat them in the air fryer or oven.
How to Make Keto Zucchini Fries
First, start by trimming the ends off the zucchini and cutting into fries. To do this, cut in half crosswise and then lengthwise.
In a shallow dish, combine the almond flour, parmesan, and seasonings.
Beat the eggs in a separate shallow dish.
Dip the zucchini fries into the egg and then coat with the breading.
Air Fryer Keto Zucchini Fries
Start by preheating your air fryer.
Spray the breaded zucchini with oil.
Arrange the zucchini in the air fryer basket, being careful not to overcrowd. Air fryer liners can be helpful to avoid the breading sticking to your fryer.
Cook until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Baked Zucchini Fries
Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Arrange the zucchini in a single layer and then spray with oil.
Cook for about 20 minutes, until the zucchini fries are golden.
Fried Low Carb Zucchini Fries
Heat oil in a heavy skillet or fryer.
Cook the zucchini in batches for about 2 ½ minutes. Drain on paper towels.
More Keto Zucchini Recipes
- Keto Zucchini Chips are the perfect crispy alternative to potato chips.
- Craving Enchiladas? Don’t miss these Zucchini Enchiladas. They are every bit as delicious as the real thing.
- Looking for a delicious keto vegetarian meal? You are going to love these Keto Zucchini Fritters.
- Looking for even more inspiration? Don’t miss these 37 Keto Zucchini Recipes.
Keto Zucchini Fries
- Trim the ends off the zucchini. Cut it in half crosswise and then in half lengthwise. Cut each piece into 4 sticks. (If there are large seeds, you can trim them off.)
- In a shallow dish, stir together the almond flour, parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate shallow dish, beat the eggs.
- Dip the zucchini in the eggs, and then coat with the breading. Use your hands to press the breading into the zucchini.
Keto Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Preheat the air fryer to 350° F.
- Spray the zucchini with oil.
- Cooking in batches, arrange the zucchini in a single layer in your air fryer. If desired, you can use air fryer liners.
- Cook for 12 to 16 minutes, until golden brown.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the zucchini in a single layer, being careful not to overcrowd them.
- Spray with oil.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350° F. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until crisp.
- Fill a large skillet with olive oil to ½ inch.
- Heat the oil until it reaches 350° F.
- Cook the zucchini in batches for about 2 ½ minutes, or until it is golden brown.