Keto Instant Pot Crack Chicken is my ultimate quick and easy dinner. Chicken is perfectly seasoned, coated in a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with crispy bacon. It is perfect served with a green salad or over cauliflower rice. So creamy, rich, and satisfying.
With three kids, the Instant Pot is key for me to get meals on the table in a flash.
And one of my favorite ways to start the day is with this Instant Pot Frittata, which is perfect for making on the weekend for meal prep.
My latest obsession is this Instant Pot Keto Crack Chicken. It is the perfect dump dinner and something that the whole family will love.
Frequently Asked Questions
Crack chicken is chicken with cream cheese, bacon, cheese, and ranch seasoning that is either packaged or homemade. It can be made in a variety of ways, including the Instant Pot.
Every recipe will vary. This recipe has about 2.5 grams of carbohydrates a serving.
Yes, Instant Pot Crack Chicken is a great recipe to keep on hand in the freezer. I recommend dividing it into individual portions and freezing it for up to three months. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Maltodextrin is used in processed foods to help them become more shelf-stable. It is a highly processed ingredient made from either wheat, potato starch, corn, or rice. Basically a sweetener, it is higher on the glycemic index than table sugar and not suitable for a keto diet.
It also contains MSG, which is something I like to avoid.
Yes - just increase the cooking time to 20 minutes and use an instant-read thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked through.
Absolutely! Use whichever type of chicken that you prefer or have on hand.
This recipe is really rich, so a little goes a long way. I like to serve it with a simple side salad or over cauliflower rice. It is also good over Keto Mashed Cauliflower or served alongside Air Fryer Asparagus.
Tips & Tricks
Adjusting the Consistency of The Sauce
If you would like a thicker sauce, you can add 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum to the cheese sauce before returning the chicken and bacon to the pot. Alternatively, you can add a little bit of chicken broth to the sauce if you would like for it to be thinner.
Store this recipe is a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Cleaning Your Instant Pot
For a complete guide on how to clean your pressure cooker, check out this post.
How to Make Instant Pot Crack Chicken
The following is a visual walk through of the recipe, see the recipe below for full instructions!
This easy Instant Pot Crack Chicken Recipe is so simple to make and perfect for your low carb diet!
First, start by cooking your bacon. You can do this using the saute function of your instant pot. The time will depend on what type of bacon you are using.
Time Saving Tip
Next, you add the broth and the chicken to the pot. Top it with the cream cheese, seasonings, and herbs. You can use fresh or dried herbs - I use fresh because I have them growing in pots and in my Tower Garden.
After that, place the lid on the pot and set it to seal. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes and then do a quick release.
Remove the chicken from the pot and shred. Stir the sauce and add the grated cheese. Place the lid on the pot and allow the cheese to melt.
Finally, return the chicken and bacon to the pot, and stir to combine.
Looking For More Inspiration?
- First, check out my complete collection of Keto Instant Pot Recipes or this round-up of my recipes and others from around the web.
- This Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole is pure comfort food that can be made in the oven or in your pressure cooker.
Keto Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 8 ounces bacon diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken
- 8 ounce cream cheese cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried or 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon dried or 1 teaspoon fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Set your Instant Pot to high saute and add the bacon to the pot. Cook until the bacon is crispy. Remove from the pot.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and then the chicken.
- Place the cream cheese on top of the chicken and then sprinkle with the parsley, dill, chives, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set to seal. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Do an instant release. Remove the chicken from the pot and use forks to shred.
- Stir the cream sauce and add the cheese to the pot. Place the lid back on the pot and allow it to sit until the cheese melts. Stir again. (If you would like a thicker sauce, you can add 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum.)
- Return the chicken and bacon to the pot and stir to combine.