This easy Instant Pot Lemon Chicken packs a surprising punch of flavor for a recipe that requires so little effort. (Plus it is easy to make with pantry staples!) The garlicky lemon sauce is absolutely magical. This is a recipe I turn to again and again.
Instant Pot Lemon Chicken is Deliciously Easy!
It is no secret that I am a bit obsessed with all things lemon. First, there were these Lemon Bars. And then this ridiculously flavor-packed Keto Lemon Chicken.
With all that is going on in the world - and the fact that I feel like I've cooked 2,000 meals in the last 30 days - I decided that a super-easy lemon chicken in order.
What better way to do it than in my Instant Pot?
This recipe is super-quick to throw together, with less than 10 minutes of hands-on time. With only eight ingredients (and no breading required), this is a win in the easy dinner category!
- If you don’t have xanthan gum and would like to thicken the sauce, 2 tablespoons of cream cheese is an alternative.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of xanthan gum (or cream cheese) to get the sauce to your desired consistency.
- Fresh minced garlic is fabulous here! I used garlic powder because I was trying to stick to pantry staples, but if you have fresh garlic, use it.
- If you don't have lemons, don't sweat it. Bottled lemon juice works in a pinch.
- For a touch of heat, add ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes to the chicken.
- Olive oil can be used in place of butter.
How to Cook Lemon Chicken in the Instant Pot
First, start by sprinkling the salt, pepper, and garlic powder over the chicken.
Next, set your Instant Pot to high sauté and melt the butter. Out of butter? Oil works too!
Add the chicken to the pot, and cook until brown. (You will need to cook in batches.)
Return all of the chicken to the pot and at the broth and lemon juice. Top with lemon slices.
Add the lid and set it to seal. Cook on high pressure. Allow to naturally release and then do a quick release. Remove the chicken from the pot and allow to rest. Discard the lemon slices.
Set the pot to low sauté and add the cream. Sprinkle with xanthan gum and cook for about 3 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- I am a big fan of Parmesan Asparagus with this Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken.
- Brussels Sprouts are another favorite that never gets old.
- A simple green salad is also nice.
- Toss zucchini noodles in the sauce and serve the chicken on top.
- When I am craving a little comfort food, Mashed Cauliflower is nice.
Slow Cooker Instructions
You can sear the chicken on the stove and cook this in your slow cooker for 3 to 4 hours. Transfer the drippings to a pot and finish the sauce.
Storing - Freezing - Reheating
- Cooked chicken will keep in the freezer for up to three months. I recommend thawing it in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
- You may keep this in the fridge for up to three days.
- Reheat this in the oven, air fryer, or on the stovetop. You can use the microwave, but I feel like it gives chicken a rubbery texture and am not fond of using this method.
More Keto Chicken Recipes to Try:
- Keto Instant Pot Chicken and Mushrooms is quick to make, and always a winner! It is so full of flavor that you won't believe how easy it is to make.
- This Slow Cooker Chicken Tinga can also be made in the Instant Pot. This is one of my go-to recipes for Taco Tuesday.
- Looking for a delicious option for lunch? It doesn't get any better than this Keto Taco Salad.
Instant Pot Lemon Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs or breast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon sliced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum optional
- Sprinkle the garlic powder over the chicken and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set your Instant Pot to high saute and melt the butter. Add the chicken to the pot, cooking in batches, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until brown.
- Return all of the chicken to the pot. Add the broth and lemon juice to the pot. Top with the lemon slices.
- Add the lid and set it to seal. Cook over high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Allow to naturally release for 3 minutes, and then do a quick release. Remove the chicken from the pot and allow to rest. Discard the lemon slices.
- Set the pot to low sauté and add in heavy cream. (You can add more if you would like more sauce.) Sprinkle with xanthan gum and cook for about 3 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Plate the chicken and drizzle with the sauce.