There is no easier way to elevate a meal than to finish your protein or veggies with a delicious sauce. Even the most ordinary meals are taken to the next level when you serve this Lemon Dill Sauce. This no-cook dip is shockingly simple for something so full of flavor. Make this one once, and you will be hooked.
It is a joke in my family that I never serve a meal without a dip. I can’t say that is entirely true, but I do love my sauces.
My latest easy creation is this creamy lemon dill sauce. I can never get enough dill, and if you feel the same way, this is one that you are going to want to put in your rotation.
While our family is a big fan of lemon dill sauce for salmon, it is also fabulous over veggies and chicken. I have even served the leftover sauce over eggs.
Though I must say, if you haven’t tried the salmon and lemon deal combo, you MUST. It is a match made in heaven.
When you need an easy dinner, try this sauce with my Instant Pot Frozen Salmon or these Low Carb Salmon Cakes. I like to pair it with asparagus. It is perfect when you need a delicious 30-minute meal.
This simple recipe has just a handful of ingredients and comes together in a flash.
Seriously - the only skill required is the ability to stir together the ingredients. Don’t you love recipes that are easy enough for your busy weeknight but delicious enough to wow friends and family?
Ingredients for Making Lemon Dill Cream Sauce
- Sour Cream - Make sure you choose full fat sour cream. If you prefer, full-fat plain Greek Yogurt is always an option.
- Mayonnaise - Check the labels to ensure that the mayo that you choose is sugar-free.
- Dill - Fresh dill really shines here! If you can’t find it, I recommend using 2 teaspoons of dried dill and 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley.
- Lemon Juice - If you would like to use bottled lemon juice, that will work; however, you miss out on the punchy flavor from fresh lemon juice and zest.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes - This adds just the right amount of subtle heat. If you would like for your cream sauce to be hotter, you can omit the crushed red pepper flakes instead use ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- This makes a fairly thick sauce that is perfect for dipping. If you would like a thinner sauce, you can add a few tablespoons of chicken broth or even a little olive oil.
- A tablespoon of prepared horseradish is lovely addition.
- If you happen to have capers on hand, coarsely chop a few and add them in. It is a guaranteed home run.
How Long Does Dill Sauce Last in the Fridge?
This sauce should last for three to four days when tightly sealed in the refrigerator.
How to Make Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make!
Just combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, crushed red pepper flakes, and black pepper in a bowl.
Whisk to combine. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as needed.
You can serve it immediately, but I like to let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to give the flavors a chance to combine.
You May Also Like
- Want another fun way to use this Lemon Dill Sauce? Try using it in place of the dressing in this Keto Chicken Salad! So ridiculously good.
- Looking for a unique dip that is always a hit? Give this Dill Pickle Dip a try!
- If you like lemon, don’t miss this Lemon Chicken or these Lemon Bars. Both are guaranteed to blow you away!
Lemon Dill Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, crushed red pepper flakes, and fresh ground pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to four days.